August 2020

 August has flown by to be honest and I got up to a few exciting things. The first thing I wanted to talk about was this heatless hairstyle that went viral on TikTok (I think). You basically use a dressing gown tie, put it in your hair, put your hair around it (not the best explanation, however there are tons of tutorials on YouTube on how to do it properly), leave it in for a few hours or overnight and voila, you end up with really nice curls. I was so so happy that this worked and I love doing it. I've always french plaited my hair overnight and took it out in the morning and now I alternate between the two. 


This month, my boyfriend and I went on an outing to Marwell Zoo. I love Marwell Zoo and it's been somewhere I've been visiting since I was really young. Martin and I both love animals and find them fascinating and we were very excited to visit. From what I remember, most of Marwell was open like usual, you just needed to wear a mask inside bits, which was fine. It was a lovely day out and also very, very hot but we stayed hydrated and had a really good time. I was so excited I saw (part of) the sloth as last time I went (last August) I didn't see any of him as he was hiding really well. 

I already have a blogpost about him, however Martin and I got a new bunny, Oz. We saw him for the first time on our way back from Marwell and 5 days later we brought him home. I'm not going to talk too much about him as I have a whole separate post (here). He's such a friendly, loving and playful rabbit that loves to go on walks outside. I can't wait for him to meet my other rabbit (Flopsy) once she's had her second updated vaccinations tomorrow.


A place I went to, was Alresford, which isn't too far from where I live. I've been there before and walked around, but one thing I did there this time was feed the ducks. Next to the river, there's a table which is called 
Amy's Duck Food Table. There are bags of duck food and you make a donation and can feed the ducks proper food instead of bread. I think it's such a great idea. The ducks are all friendly and will happily walk over to you, even if you don't have food in your hand. I'm trying to overcome my fear of birds (considering I own a budgie, I've had a fear of him flying since I got him), so when we saw the duck food, I braved it and fed them out of my hand. I'm proud of myself because these weren't small like my budgie, obviously ducks are bigger. They didn't fly at me so it was all good. They ate the food out of my hand and it was so much fun. I had never done that before. The ducks were so cute and I think the duck food table is such a lovely idea, more places need to do it to encourage to not feed them bread. 


On the 24th, I turned 23 and spend the weekend and the Monday celebrating it. On the Monday (the 24th), my family and I spent the day at Longleat Safari Park and had a lovely time. Again, like Marwell, you had to wear masks indoors, which was fine. We were given a time (between 10:30am-1:30pm) to go through the drive through bit and then I think it swaps with the people at the main square to filter them out so too many people aren't all in the same place at once. I love the drive through, especially the monkeys as they're so cute and just want to rip everything off cars. The aerial is now chewed, but still work perfectly fine. The monkeys were having a wonderful time bending it all over the place and eating it. I hadn't been to Longleat since 2018 and since then they've added koalas and I was so excited to see them. We saw three sleeping in trees and they were so adorable. I love koalas. 

This was my birthday cake from Sponge and it was so delicious. My mum wanted to buy me a gluten free cake from somewhere else this year and came across this website. This cake was so so good and everyone who isn't gluten free said it doesn't taste gluten free at all. It was so soft and thick, which is something I struggle to get when I make gluten free cakes.


A game I've been loving is Fall Guys. It was one of the free games on Playstation Plus and it's become very popular since. It's such a fun and interesting game. You basically have to complete the courses (it kinda reminds me of Total Wipeout to be honest) and only a certain amount of people can get through otherwise you get eliminated. Some courses are frustrating (I can only think of about 3 that I hate) but most of them are really fun and easy to do. You start off with 60 people on the first round and end up with about 8 by the final round, so you have to try and do well to get to the final round. It's a great game and I really recommend it. 

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit | Pinterest

Comments

  1. Your hair looks so amazing in the dressing gown curls omg! I genuinely thought that you had achieved that style with a curling wand at first!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that cake looks delicious! I really want to try the dressing gown curls, my hair is too short atm though I think! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I saw Jordan Lipscombe do it on Instagram with her short hair, so you may be able to :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts