Revolution collection | 2020


Since doing my last Revolution collection back in 2016, I no longer have any of the same products. I've built up a whole new collection of Revolution products that I love. I haven't spoken about makeup in a while, so I'm excited to be sat down writing a new makeup post. Also, at the bottom I've added swatches for some of the products.


I thought I'd talk about all 4 Maxi Reloaded palettes together. How insane are these palettes? They're beautiful. Monster Mattes is a full matte, rainbow palette. Dream Big is a mix of mattes and shimmers containing pinks, oranges, yellows, greens, blues and mauves. Big Big Love is a mix of mattes and shimmers containing reds, pinks and oranges. Large It Up is a mix of mattes and shimmers containing browns and golds. I love all 4 of these palettes and there isn't a shade I don't like. All of these have 45 creamy shades that blend in very well and are long lasting. I love playing around with different shades and creating looks with these. 



First of all, one thing I love about the Conceal & Define foundation is that there are 50 shades available. I like this foundation because it's easy to apply due to the concealer-like wand. It blends in easy and quickly. This foundation is full coverage, but feels quite light, which was something I was looking for. It's kinda long lasting, but I guess it depends on what you're doing. If I'm going to be moving about a bit and getting quite warm, theres no way this is staying on, however if I'm not moving around so much then it's alright. I don't know if that makes much sense? 

The Revolution x Soph lipstick in the shade Syrup is the first time I've tried a regular lipstick from Revolution and I am impressed. Syrup is a beautiful shade and is so creamy. It has a satin finish and is one of my favourite shades and finishes. I'm unsure exactly what the bit at the bottom is because you unscrew it and there's a little pot. I don't know if it's supposed to be a lipliner? 



One palette I absolutely love but don't use enough, is the Hot Pursuit pressed glitter palette. It is fairly messy and I feel like that stops me using it so much. There are 9 shades and they're all so pretty. I use Revolution's glitter glue with this, which makes the glitter stay in place well and for a long time. 

After desperately needing a primer, I bought the Radiant Peach Primer on a whim and I really like it. Besides the fact that it makes me look orange, which doesn't technically matter because it goes under my foundation, it's a great primer. It applies and blends well  quickly and it feels quite moisturising, which I really like. A little goes a long way, however I always accidentally end up squeezing too much out the tube... Oh how I wish I could put it back in the tube because I must waste so much. 

The Revolution x Soph Extra Spice palette is a palette I have used so much in the past year or so. I've played around with it so much, but my favourite look I've created with it is an orange look. There are 18 shades which are a mix of mattes and shimmers. Every shade blends in effortlessly and are very creamy. 

Revolution lip glosses are something I need to try more of after I tried the Bare All lipgloss. This shade is so nice and goes nicely over lipsticks or looks good by itself. It's not sticky, which is obviously good for a lipgloss. I don't think it's particularly long lasting, but if you don't mind whacking on a bit of lipgloss every now and then, thats good. 

I love Revolution's highlighters. I used to own a few, but the only ones I currently own are the 3 in the Beyond Radiance highlighter palette. These shades are all so pretty and I use them for different things. The first shade is great for the inner corner of my eyes and brow bone. The second shade is my favourite and I use this on the inner corner of my eyes, brow bone, my cheeks and my nose. The last shade I like to use as an eyeshadow or on the inner corner of my eyes and brow bone. 


Finding the perfect red lip shade was something I had been looking for, for a long time. One day I came across the Lip Pigment in the shade Inconspicuous and thought I'd test it out. The previous red liquid lipsticks I had from Revolution was awful and so drying, so I'm happy this lip pigment is the complete opposite. It applied so nicely and evenly. It's very pigmented so you only really need one or two layers. It's not drying and it's very long lasting. I love this shade of red and I'm so glad I found a red lipstick I really love. 

The last product is yet again, another eyeshadow palette. Most of my palettes are Revolution, so thats why theres a lot of palettes in this post. The Revolution x Roxxsaurus Colour Burst palette contains a mix of 18 mattes and shimmers that are very colourful. Just like the other Revolution palettes, these shades are pigmented, creamy, apply and blend easy and are long lasting. 

Swatches:

Monster Mattes palette

Large It Up palette

Dream Big palette

Big Big Love palette

Colour Burst palette (Royal, Constellations, Botanical, Fetch, Dinosaur and Sky)

Extra Spice palette (Sweet N Sour, Twenty One, Infinity, Aurora, Everyday and LA Sun)

Beyond Radiance palette

Top to bottom: Bare All, Syrup and Inconspicuous 

Comments

  1. Is Revolution one of your favourite make up brands? You've got such a good versatile collection of their bits!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it definitely is. They're a great brand!

      Delete
  2. I think some of revolutions products are incredible bang for your buck, and then some aren't. I love their eyeshadows, think they're a really good starting point if you want to play around with new shades but don't want to fork out a fortune. I've found some of their 'jumping on the hype' products like liquid lipsticks have been on the more disappointing side xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think that too. I've only tried 2 of their liquid lipsticks and I hated the first one, the second one (in this post) I absolutely love, but I know what you mean xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts