Meet Buddy


Before I get into this post, I wanted to give a little story as to why I got Buddy. In October I posted a 'meet my new guinea pigs' post introducing my two new guinea pigs. Unfortunately a little over a month of getting them, one of them (Alfie) passed away. It was very sudden, unexpected and it happened so quick. One Saturday he stopped eating and drinking, my mum syringe fed him and he perked up a bit. He seemed better and the next morning he died. It was so sad, but I hope he had the happiest month he was with me. I'm still unsure why he died, however when I took Max to the vets for a check up a week later, the vet told me sometimes baby guinea pigs just don't develop properly and end up dying. Max and Alfie were the same age, however Alfie was a lot smaller and very quiet and calm, whereas Max was very hyperactive. I thought it was just because Alfie was a baby and quite shy, but maybe he had something wrong with him from the start. For whatever reason it was, I hope he's having fun up in piggy heaven. 

While I was at the vets with Max, she said she thinks Max would want another friend. Guinea pigs are very social animals and I've always had siblings for my guinea pigs, except for Lola who was on her own for the last 2 years of her life. She was old (7) and got irritated by other guinea pigs, but had plenty of human attention and interaction. At the time I hadn't thought about getting another guinea pig for Max as it was less than a week since Alfie had died. I took the vets advice and on the 8th of December I got Buddy. When I went to go and get another guinea pig, I almost ended up getting this cute one with fur all over the place, but when the woman lifted up a wooden house, all these other piggies came running out. Buddy was the first one I saw and I fell in love with him. He was so tiny and fluffy. 



My brother suggested the name Buddy from ELF (my favourite Christmas film) as I wanted a christmassy name because I got Buddy in December. I love the name Buddy and it fits very well because he is Max's buddy. 

Over 9 months later, Buddy is more fluffier and he's grown so much. I mean, guinea pigs grow very quickly but he's grown bigger than Max. He's like a little teddy bear, which isn't surprising considering he is the teddy bear breed. I'm not 100% sure on what breed Max is, however Buddy has overtaken him in size and weight. I've never had a guinea pig like Buddy before, but now I want lots of little teddy bear piggies.



Buddy and Max get along really well. They're quite similar, but Max is very confident and Buddy is a little more on the shier side, although he'll happily sit and cuddle with you when he's out. One thing I love is that he likes to be hand fed fruit and vegetables. Unlike any of my other fur babies, he won't snatch it out your hand and run off with it, he expects you to hold it for him while he sits there and eats it. It's very cute.



Buddy likes to eat clothes. He likes to chew the cords on my hoodies, my tops, my trackies, my socks and every other clothing item near him. My guinea pigs have plenty of toys and hay to chew on, but for some reason, Buddy decides to chew on whatever I'm wearing instead. He likes to throw his full bowl of food upside down and Max caught along and does the same now, which defeats the point of me giving them their food in a bowl. I may as well put their food on the floor because it never stays in the bowl for longer than 5 minutes...

I could literally talk about Buddy and my pets for hours, but I don't want to get rambling, so I'm just going to share some photos of him and his siblings. 



Buddy's first Christmas.



I got him to watch ELF



And dressed him as an elf. 



The first day I bought Buddy home.



Meeting his siblings Max and Lola for the first time. 



He likes to form a piggie train with Max.



He likes to sit on pillows 



So I bought him his own.



Max protecting Buddy on his first trip to the vets for a check up. 



He likes to hold peoples hands. 



He enjoys watching me play playstation.





He likes to shut the door of his and Max's cage. He seems to enjoy shutting the door on me when I'm cleaning their cage. Also, Max gives me a heart attack on almost a daily basis when he lays like this.



Buddy enjoying some hay with Lola on the day I got him.





Comments

  1. OMG this is cutes overload. They are amazing and so fluffy and sweet. Thank you for sharing all of these photos. Your post make my day.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/10/beauty-of-intuition_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW so adorable!! Literally the cutest thing i've seen :)

    Lily Loves |https://www.lilyloves.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts