A beauty haul


Recently I've done a bit too much shopping and have picked up a few beauty items; a couple repurchases and some products I've been wanting to try. This might be a little lengthy post, so I'm just going to get into the products.


I'll start with the two repurchases I made first. The Zoella Sweet Inspirations Body Mist (£8) is one I ran out of a little while back and I absolutely loved it. It's such a lovely scent, however I find it runs out so quick and I don't even use that much of it. The LUSH Mask Of Magnaminty (£14.95) is also one I ran out of a couple months ago and I've been needing to repurchase it since. I got the bigger tub this time as the reason I got the smaller one last time was incase I didn't like it. I love this face and body mask. It exfoliates my skin, while leaving it smooth and soft afterwards. (I did write a review on it here if you want to read more about it).


The Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Sticks (£7.99) are something I've been considering getting for a while and I don't know what took me so long. I previously used the Clinique Contour Chubby Stick that I'd been using for a few years (before I went cruelty-free) and I was trying trying to use it up. I also use an LA Girl concealer, however I do much prefer chubby sticks. Anywaaaay, I've used the contour stick multiple times and I'm so impressed. The formula is great; it's creamy, pigmented and easy to blend in. I've used the highlighter once and so far I'm not as impressed with it. I'll be using it more as time goes on to see if I change my mind, however it wasn't something I really wanted much anyway as I really was just more interested in the contour stick. 


Using an exfoliator is important for me and I love how my skin feels afterwards. I hadn't tried anything from Superdrug's Vitamin E range yet, so I made the Vitamin E Facial Exfoliator (£2.99) my first purchase. I've used it a few times and so far I love love love it. It has quite a watery consistency that makes a little go a long way. The first time I used this, I accidentally got way too much out of the tube, but now I know not to. It exfoliated my face so well and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I'm happy with this purchase and I've already tried a couple more in this range that I'm sure I'll talk about at some point on my blog. 

A couple years ago, I used a Zoella Beauty shower gel and I loved it. When in Superdrug, I got the Soak Opera Shower Gel (£3.50) and I decided to give this a try. I really love this shower gel. The scent is lovely and it leaves my skin feeling really nice.


I've been wanting to try a Too Faced highlighter for a long time and I finally decided to purchase the Love Light Highlighter in the shade 'Ray of Light' (£25). All my highlighters are from drugstore brands because I rarely purchase from high end brands, so I definitely treated myself with this highlighter. First of all, the chrome, heart packaging is so cute. The highlighter itself is stunning and at first, I thought it was too pretty to use. Once I took photos of it, I couldn't wait to try it. I love this highlighter. It's a beauuutiful shade, with a nice formula and its long lasting. 


Two Barry M nail polishes I picked up are two I've never tried before. I've tried a lot of Barry M nail polishes and although I need to repurchase a lot of the ones I've ran out of, I thought I'd go with some different ones.

Gold Coast (£2.99) is a lovely, pretty, sparkly nail polish that I haven't tried just yet (just swatched on a nail wheel). I'm looking forward to trying this.

The next shade is Laguna (£4.99) and this is a coconut infused nail polish. I've tried a coconut infused nail polish before and really liked it. I love this shade blue. I don't know how else to describe it other than it's a mid blue and it makes me happy. This is a beautiful shade.


I've seen the Superdrug face masks in blogposts a couple of times recently and I've always thought they've sounded really good, only I'd never been fussed nor in a rush to try them because I always have my Mask Of Magnaminty. While in Superdrug, I got the Avocado & Oat and Charcoal (£4.99 each). 

These interested me because I've never used avocado or charcoal on my skin before, so I was intrigued as to what these were going to be like in face masks. So far, I've only used the avocado & oat and it left my skin feeling so soft and clean. I'm definitely looking forward to trying the charcoal one. I'm sure I'll be writing a review on these face masks once I've used them more. 



Comments

  1. The Too Faced highlighter looks absolutely gorgeous, wow! Also love the mask of magnaminty, definitely need to repurchase for myself!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gorgeous, what a wonderful post! Apart from the Mask of Magnaminty (it's like gold dust for the skin, I know), I haven't actually given any of these a go so this has been such an interesting read. One that really stood out is the Vitamin E gentle oatmeal exfoliator - I need something a little less rough and scratchy towards winter so I'll definitely be looking at that! I'm also loving the look of Laguna - what a stunning pastel blue! x
    Marina Rosie x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marina. Its a really good exfoliator and I definitely recommend it x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts