February | 2022

 february | 2022


January may have been SO slow but February came and went very quickly! I have quite a few favourites from February.



Desperate Housewives

I've rewatched Desperate Housewives so many times over the past 13/14 years I've been watching it, I hadn't rewatched it in a couple of years. Since the beginning of February I've been binge watching it again. I only have about 2 episodes to go which is sad. Because so much happens in an episode, there was quite a bit I had forgotten about. 


It's a great show and I really wish it never ended, or at least had a couple more seasons. There are rumours that it's coming back for a reboot, so fingers crossed it happens!




Nail art brushes/tools

While browsing for nail art brushes, I came across this set of 20 nail art brushes/tools on Amazon. For £3.79, you get 15 brushes and 5 nail dot tools which I think is great. I was unsure what the quality would be like, but after reading the reviews I took peoples word for it (they were good reviews) and ordered them. 


I'm so happy with the quality because all the brushes are soft and the bristles don't fall out either. The brushes come in a case as well which is cool and they have their own slots! For the first nail brushes I own, these are great and I'm so happy with them. I've been playing around and practicing nail art a lot! It's been so much fun.


The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window

Netflix released The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window in January and at first, I wasn't too sure whether to watch it or not, but once I started one episode, I couldn't stop. My boyfriend and I binged the whole season one Saturday (there's only 8 episodes) and it's actually really interesting and such a good show. I can't wait to see what happens in the next season, presuming they make one. I'm not sure if they've confirmed a season 2 or not.




Glasses

I previously uploaded a blogpost on my first experience with Glasses Direct (here) and about my new glasses, but I love them. These are the first new glasses I've had in 7 years (bad, I know) as I hadn't had an optician appointment in 7 years. I've been wearing my glasses all the time and my headaches have basically gone and I can see so far. I love them!


10kg sandbag

My boyfriend got us sandbags to work out with. We use sandbags at Bootcamp all the time but we wanted some for at home, so if we're not at Bootcamp or the gym we can use them for our at home workouts. I have a 10kg sandbag and my boyfriend has a 15kg sandbag and I've been loving working out with my 10kg. We had to fill the sandbags up ourselves which was fun, so they're jam packed with sand which is great. I've been using my sandbag for all sorts of workouts and it's been a lot of fun.


Planet Coaster game

One of February's PS5 free monthly games was Planet Coaster, which is a roller coaster/theme park game. You learn to build roller coasters and can create them and make your own theme park, which is so much fun. It's such a relaxing game and I've been playing it non-stop in the evenings. 


Spunj sponge

I've seen a lot of good things about the Spunj Ultra Thirsty Sponge and when in B&M a couple of weeks ago, I bought one. It's machine washable, great for a variety of different jobs and is a pretty pink! I think it's such a great sponge. 


(me mid burpee)

Blanchard Trophy Event 2 - Battle of the BCUK 

The next Bootcamp challenge was an individual military endurance challenge, which was a lot of fun. This is the 2nd Bootcamp challenge I've done, the first was the 5k run with a 20kg sandbag last month in a team. This was individual so I was a lot more nervous, but it was fine. It involved: 

- 1 mile tactical advance to battle walk/run with 10kg

- 100m fire and movement 

- 100m casualty drag (40kg)

- 100m ammo resupply

- 1 mile tactical withdraw run/walk with 10kg

It was tough, especially with the rain and wind that suddenly came when our wave started, but it was still a lot of fun. I felt such an achievement when I finished. It took me 46 minutes, but I'm so proud of myself for completing it. I was soaked all the way through from the rain and my shoes were caked in mud like last time but that made it more challenging and therefore fun! Everyone there was so supportive, whether they knew you or not and that makes you more determined to keep going. Like our trainer Pete says "don't limit your challenges, challenge your limits".



Method products

Method kindly sent me some products for Act of Kindness day and I was picked as I post their products a lot over on my home account on Instagram (@emiliabarkerhome). They sent me 

- 'sweet water' hand wash

- 'orchard fruit' laundry detergent

- 'wild rhubarb' antibacterial all purpose cleaner (aka my absolute favourite Method product which I was running out of)

- 'wild rhubarb' all floor cleaner

- 'coconut water' washing up liquid

Method is one of my favourite brands and I love all of these products.


Instagram | Twitter






Comments

  1. Looks like you had a jam packed month, I’ve been meaning to watch the Netflix series of the Woman in the House! Definitely need to give it a watch :-)

    Courtney x
    c0urrtney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely month. I commented on your other post but I love method products too, they smell incredible. xx

    Zoey | www.zoeyolivia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you got some great things this past February! I got some new reading glasses off Amazon and the ones I got are great at a decent price.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts