A week in Cornwall

a week in Cornwall

A month ago, my boyfriend (Martin) and I went on our first holiday together to Cornwall for a week. I absolutely love the West country and have been there many times in my life, however theres so many more places I want to discover and on this holiday I went to some different places which were beautiful. 


day one - day of arrival

On Friday the 19th November, we travelled down to Newquay. Because check-in for our holiday home/caravan was at 5pm, we wanted to explore a little first, so we left early and arrived at around 1pm. It took about 4 hours to get there. We stopped at Fistral beach and ate at The Stable, which was a lovely pizza place on the seafront. After we had some delicious food, we went for a walk along Fistral beach and up to Towan Headland. It was a lovely walk with beautiful views. Near the top of the Towan Headland, there was a fence with love locks and roses on which was really cute! 


After we had a nice walk, we decided to head to Piran Meadows, where we were staying. Check in was at 5 so we sat in the carpark for about half an hour before heading in. Piran Meadows has lots of holiday homes/caravans (not too sure what to call them), however ours was very close to the resort so it was a drive right round the corner. We got in, had a look round and unpacked. It was a very modern caravan which was really nice. There was a living room/kitchen/dining room, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 1 en-suite in the main bedroom. It also had a balcony which had a lovely view of the hills, fields and windmills. 


We settled in and ordered some food from the resort kitchen and went to collect it from the resort. It was a less than 5 minute walk to the resort, we collected the food and came back and watched TV with the fireplace on. It had a modern electric fireplace, where you can turn the heating off but still have the fire on. 


day two

We went for a little walk around the grounds of Piran Meadows. On google maps there was a lake however it was so overgrown and wasn't nice to be honest. We sat on a bench and looked at the pretty views of all the fields!


After our little walk, we were deciding where to eat and had googled a lot of places. We always look at the menu's beforehand, especially because I'm gluten free so we always make sure theres options for that. We went with Concho Lounge near the seafront of Newquay. We didn't need to book beforehand so we were hoping it was going to be quiet enough, being in the middle of the day on a Saturday. It was very quiet at first but we sat down (next to a radiator which was really nice as it was freezing) and had a look at the menu. They have a huge choice of gluten free food, so I was very excited about that.


I loved how the Concho Lounge looked. It was unique and really cool. I also liked that we could order from the table (if you have signal lol). We both had cider and ordered our starters, which was tapas and they were really good! 


I had a burger and chips. Their chips were delicious and crunchy, which is my favourite. I absolutely loved the burger. I've never had a burger when I've been out. Most places I've been to don't have gluten free burger options, so I thought I'd take advantage of that option and order one. It was huge but very good! For dessert I had a brownie with ice cream. It was so good! All the food was amazing and we were so happy with it, although we both thought we were going to pop! 



day three

On day 3, we decided to go and find a gluten free Cornish pastie. I found out online that Warrens Bakery sold gluten free pasties, however they didn't. We went to Niles Bakery instead and thankfully they did! We had to wait an hour for it to be cooked, but that was fine because we were going to walk about anyway. Martin tried his first Cornish pastie while we walked down to the beach. Newquay Bay is so beautiful.


It was a lovely sunny (but cold) day. We walked on the sandy beach and found some caves. There were quite a few people surfing in the water (brave people, it was very cold) which was cool. After our walk we headed back to Niles Bakery to get my pastie. We also got some frozen gluten free ones that I've been slowly eating since we've got back. I'm going to be sad when I've finished them. The pastie was so good and I'm so happy I finally got to try a gluten free one! 


After our cold walk, we popped to the shop and got some fish and chips and then came back to the caravan to warm up and have movie night. We tried some Cornish Cider which was really good! 



day four

Day 4 was a chill day and we stayed in all day. I watched quite a lot of 90 Day Fiancé's in front of the double doors and the sun was shining through which was nice. I also took a little stroll to the little shop they have in the resort entrance. The sunset on this day was very beautiful so I also had a little photoshoot of it from the balcony.



day five

On day 5 we went to Padstow. I love Padstow. It's one of my favourite places to visit, so I wanted to show Martin around there. We went for a walk around the harbour and then along the beach. It was beautiful. We found a cave which people write their names on a stone using another stone and put it in the cave, so we did ours. It was really cute. 


On our walk back we were getting a bit hungry so we went to Cherry Trees Coffee House which was so pretty. Martin had a crab sandwich and I had gluten free scones with cream and jam. The scones were so good. 


After eating we headed to the Lobster Hatchery, which is a charity organisation. I've been to the Lobster Hatchery once before in 2017 and absolutely loved it.

 A female lobster can have 20,000 eggs but only 1 is expected to survive in the wild. Now with technology they can improve that survival rate by 1,000! In 2014 they released over 53,000 lobsters into the wild. How amazing is that? 


It's fascinating reading about lobsters and learning new information about them. You can also adopt a lobster, so we adopted one who should be released in about 3 months and once it's been released we'll be able to see where it was released to. 



day six

On day 6 we went to Kynance Cove and had a 1 hour drive there with fields surrounding us. We took lunch and a hot drink and went for a beauuuutiful walk. Kynance Cove was one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. It was a lovely sunny day and the water looked beautiful. It was a steep walk down to the sandy beach where there was lots of little muscles on the rocks. We then walked up the other steep side to see the view looking from another angle, which was just as beautiful. 


We stayed until sunset as the sun was slowly setting once we got back to the car. It was a very pretty sunset and I'm happy we got to see that there.


day seven

On our last day in Cornwall, we went to Trevaunance Cove which is at St Agnes. We went to look for rockpools and there were loads here. The weather was a bit all over the place this day. One minute it was slightly raining and the next it was sunny, so there was a pretty rainbow. 


I had my wellies on so I was walking through the rockpools seeing what I could find and it was really interesting. We found muscles, snails, lots of Strawberry Anemone (some small, some huge) and even found Snakelocks Anemones which was fascinating. It was a lot of fun looking at the rockpools. 


The sunset at Kynance Cove (above)

day eight - home time

Day eight was time to go home. We had to check out by 9am and popped to the shop in the resort to get some snacks for the journey home. 


We had such a lovely holiday. It was so much fun exploring, trying new foods and making memories on our first holiday together. It was a very relaxing week and I wanted to stay there forever. It's just such a beautiful place and their water is so much nicer than down south. Honestly, the water made my skin and hair so soft and tasted so nice too. I'm going to share some more photos now. 



This is the double bedroom with the en-suite. All the wood matched throughout the caravan.


These are the Snakelocks Anemones (above) and Strawberry Anemones (below).



This is Casper the lobster (named after Casper the ghost) in The Lobster Hatchery. White lobsters are very rare, so it's cool seeing one in real life. We were also wondering about another lobster shell behind him and it turns out it had just shed. I didn't actually know that lobsters did that. 


From Towan Headland looking towards Fistral Beach.


The fireplace in the caravan. I loved it. 


The sunset from the balcony.


Instagram | Twitter





Comments

  1. Have always wanted to go to Cornwall! It looks gorgeous, hopefully next year as I think we'll be back to staycations! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful places with tons of places to visit! I really recommend visiting xx

      Delete
  2. Nice article, thanks for sharing this!


    https://www.ferbena.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How dreamy! I love Cornwall - dying to go back. x
    Zoey | www.zoeyolivia.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts