What I've learnt in my first month of my fitness journey

what i've learnt in my first month of my fitness journey




In the past month and a half my boyfriend and I started a new fitness journey. I've tried many times before to stick to being healthy and exercising however I always lost motivation very quickly and it didn't last very long. In the past month and a half I've been dedicated, motivated and haven't even been on the verge of giving up. I started eating healthy, joined a boot camp, joined a gym and have worked out 5-6 times a week. I've pushed myself (and over did it at times) but I've lost weight and I just keep on going. 


Working out has become a huge part of my life, I look forward to it and I've only really been buying sportswear for working out. I've learnt a lot in my first month of my fitness journey. 


Your body can become stronger quickly

I'm surprised at just how quickly I already feel stronger. It's not a dramatic difference, however I can definitely tell and it makes me so happy and motivated to keep going and become even more stronger. 


Concentrate more on what you're doing than what others may think about you

When I first joined a boot camp, I was so scared about what other people were going to think about me. I think I was on day 3 of my fitness journey when I joined and once I started I was more focused on what I was doing than what other people might think of me.


Working out with other people isn't as scary as I thought

Following up from my point above, working out with other people isn't as scary as I thought. There's quite a few people who do boot camp and although it's tough, it's good because it keeps you going to catch up and keep going.


I've lost weight quicker than I thought

I hate weighing myself because it seems to take ages to see a difference. My mum measures me and then I can tell a difference. Even if I've lost one or a few centimetres off my waist, lower waist, legs, arms, hips etc in a week then it makes me happy. After a month I weighed myself again and it hadn't told me I'd lost anything, however I have built up a lot of muscle and can definitely tell it in my arms, which is so exciting, so I'm not going to think too much into the scales. 


The gym is so much fun

The only time I'd been on gym equipment before I joined a gym, was at school. I left school 7 years ago so thats a long time since I had used gym equipment. Since joining the gym in the past month, I've been there so much and I love it. It's actually so much fun and I always enjoy going and always look forward to going.


Buying new workout clothes is great motivation

I knew this before I consistently worked out however I never bought that much workout clothes and wasn't motivated. Now I'm motivated and am consistently working out, I keep needing more clothes. I recently got some more clothes and couldn't wait to wear them to workout when they arrived. 


Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring

Before I consistently ate healthy, I used to try and think of ways to make healthy eating fun. I now have so many foods that I've discovered and love to make my healthy meals even better! I love finding exciting, healthy meals to make. 


Exercising is great for your mental health

This is something people always told me and while I believed it, I never had the motivation to do it. Since starting my new fitness journey, I can definitely see a difference in my mental health. Obviously theres days where I don't feel good mentally and don't want to workout or do anything and that's ok. Sometimes I push myself to workout and feel so much better for it and sometimes I don't push myself that day. 

Another thing thats been good for my mental health is actually going to boot camp and the gym, where there is lots of people. I'm proud of myself for going despite my anxiety. Never did I think I would be going to these busy places to workout as I've never been good in busy places. I wont let my anxiety beat me anymore.


Allow yourself to have a treat

From the start I knew I was going to have a 'cheat day' once a week. If I'm craving something then on that day I'll have something. I eat healthy 6 out of 7 days and I'm happy with that.


It's given me confidence

If you would've told me like 6 months ago that I would be going to a gym when theres roughly around 90 people in or be doing boot camp with around 50/60 people now, I would've said absolutely not. It's given me confidence and I'm not afraid to exercise around other people anymore. 


Instagram | YouTube | Twitter



 



Comments

  1. I absolutely love this - and it's the motivation I freaking needed! I really want to get healthier. My friend and I have spoken about doing some aerial classes when lockdown ends - I'll have to make sure we go! Glad your exercising is making you feel so good girl! xx

    mia // https://beautiful-inspiring-creative-life.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's motivating! Aerial classes look like so much fun! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  2. I love this! Glad that exercising is making you feel so good x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts