Shows to binge watch

 Shows to binge watch



With everything going on in the world right now and being in and out of lockdown, I thought I'd recommend some TV shows to binge watch in lockdown or just in general. 

friends

I'm sure you've all heard of Friends by now. It's one of my favourite TV shows ever and I cannot tell you how many times I've rewatched it over the years. It's one of those light-hearted shows that you don't particularly need to pay a massive amount of attention to, to understand whats going on, if you get me? I like to have this on as background noise as well.


If you are unaware of Friends, lemme explain a little. Friends is a sitcom based on 6 friends (Rachel, Ross, Monica, Chandler, Pheobe and Joey) living in New York and it follows their day-to-day life. They have new relationships, new jobs, move, have children etc. There are 10 seasons altogether and I really wish there were more. I cannot count how many times I've rewatched the seasons because I never get bored of it. Friends is available on Netflix and they constantly play it on Comedy Central too. 


modern family

Modern Family is one of my all-time favourite tv shows. I discovered this show back in 2016 and have binged watched it over and over again since. It ended last year with 11 seasons and I'm still SO sad about it. It's classed a 'mockumentary' family sitcom. 


Modern Family follows the lives of 3 families (Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe Delgado, Claire, Phil, Haley, Alex and Luke Dunphy, Mitch, Cam and Lily Pritchett/Tucker). At first I was super confused about who is who and the whole situations, but after a couple of episodes, I got it. It's like Friends in that it's a light-hearted comedy and you don't need to pay too much attention to understand whats happening. I also like to put this on as background noise. It's available on Netflix, however all seasons aren't. I watch it on Sky where all 11 seasons are available.


90 day fiancé

90 Day Fiancé was a show I discovered in 2020 and quickly became obsessed with watching. I would binge watch so many seasons. Unfortunately I've all caught up, so I don't have new ones to watch, however I might binge watch them all again. 


90 Day Fiancé is about American's falling in love with people around the world. Originally the partners from other countries moved to America/are getting a Visa, however there are a few seasons where the American's move to the other countries. I find it so interesting learning about peoples cultures and where they're from. It's quite a dramatic show and not something I thought I would ever like, but I absolutely love it. 90 Day Fiancé has now been moved to Discovery+, however I think you can still watch it on TLC but not the new seasons unfortunately. 


hawaii five-O

If you're into action police shows then this is one for you. Hawaii Five-0 is pretty self explanatory in that it's in Hawaii and it's based off the five-0.  There are 2 Hawaii Five-0's, one is the older version, but the one I like and am currently talking about is the remake. 


I personally haven't watched the last few seasons after 2 main characters left because it just wasn't as interesting after that, however there are 10 seasons altogether and as far as I'm aware, they're not making any more seasons. 


catfish

I think most people have heard about Catfish and everyone knows what a Catfish is nowadays, but I've been obsessed with this tv show since back when it first started. My friend introduced it to me and I was hooked. I also like the film version of Catfish which is based off one of the hosts Nev's story and came out before the tv show was created. 


One of the hosts left, however they have a new host and she's really nice. I find this show so entertaining because they catch so many people out on their lies. Some of the stories are crazy ridiculous and don't turn out to be the real person they've gone to meet, but some stories do have happy endings. There are currently 8 seasons and I think they're making more, so that's exciting. 


scream queens

Unfortunately Scream Queens only has 2 seasons, so theres not a lot of seasons there to binge watch, however I still wanted to include it as I love it. The first season is based in a sorority house (Kappa Kappa Tau) in a university and a red devil mascot is a serial killer. The second season is based in a hospital with a serial killer called the green meanie. I think the first season is my favourite as I love the characters in KKT's outfits and I prefer the story line. The second season is good, however it's not as good as the first. 


say yes to the dress 

Say Yes To The Dress has many seasons around the US and now the UK. I like the US SYTTD, especially the Atlanta one. It's about brides who go to find their dream dresses. You see them try on a lot of different dresses and see which one they pick. I love wedding dresses, so this show fascinates me. I love seeing the different styles of dresses and learning about them.


desperate housewives 

Desperate Housewives has been a show I've loved since I was a young teenager. From the age of 11 was when I really got into it, however I had seen a couple episodes when I was about 9 and got really excited when I saw the set in the Universal Studio's tour in Hollywood. 


There are 8 seasons altogether and I love binge watching them. I never get bored of rewatching them. So much happens throughout this comedy-drama, where it seems like the suburban is perfect, but there's a lot of secrets and crimes happening. 


cougar town

If you like Friends, you may like Cougar Town. Courtney Cox plays the main character and just like Friends, she hangs out a lot at her house with her 5 friends. Sound familiar? It's a comedy and again, one of those shows thats light-hearted and easy to watch. 


There are 6 seasons altogether and I really want to watch them again but I have no idea where it's available to watch. I used to rewatch them on Sky but they haven't been put back on there in a while. Oh, also, you may see guest appearances from Matthew Perry, Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow, which if you're a Friends fan too, is very exciting. 



What tv show would you recommend binge watching?


Instagram | YouTube | Twitter



Comments

  1. Great recommendations! I'm not much of a TV-shows/series person but I love say Yes To The Dress! It makes me feel a lot of emotions in one episode xx

    lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Catfish and Say Yes to The Dress! I even worked at a bridal magazine and the main person in the few few seasons looked just like the EIC. Everyone use to say so. Great choices!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen some of these. A really good show that I love watching is Bridgeton.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Bridgerton yet but I've heard great things!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts