Trying Ted Baker makeup for the first time + swatches

 trying ted baker makeup for the first time + swatches


Ted Baker is one of my favourite brands that I own a few things from, however something I had never tried from them before is their makeup, until now. For christmas, my boyfriends family got me this amazing Ted Baker makeup set and I couldn't wait to try it. Ted Baker is cruelty-free, which I completely forgot to put on my 65 cruelty free brands list! 

So the set contains a beautiful big bag, a mascara, a lipgloss, a lip crayon, a lipstick, an eyelash curler, an eyeshadow trio, a blush and bronze duo and an eyebrow pencil. All of these are full sized products and come in a lovely grey box which has a big bow on the front.


First up, I'm going to talk about the packaging real quick. I love the packaging, it's all a really cool shape and is a shiny, dark blue. The lipstick and lip crayon have gold inside, on the bottom and lid, which i really love.

mascara
Starting off with the mascara. I'm quite specific when it comes to mascara and have tried so many but am yet to find one I actually really love, however this mascara may just be my favourite I've ever tried. I am really impressed. It's a thin shaped brush which is also so easy to apply on my bottom lashes with and it has short bristles. I don't know how to explain it, but on one side it kind of goes into a 'B' sort of shape and dips in the middle. One side has more bristles than the other. 

This mascara separates my lashes very well and makes them long! It holds the curl for a good amount of time compared to previous mascaras I've tried, so I'm very happy with that. One thing I needed to make sure was that it didn't smudge, as previous mascaras I've tried in the past have a tendency to smudge and I hate it, however I can happily say this mascara doesn't do that. Overall I'm very pleased with this mascara. I really love it. 


eyeshadow trio
Next up is an eyeshadow trio that contains 3 beautiful shimmer shades. There's a pink shimmer, peach shimmer and a burgundy bronze shimmer and I love all 3. Also, how cute are the bows on each shade? I avoided the bows and used the eyeshadow from around them because I don't want to ruin it just yet! Is anyone else like that? 

These shades are really pigmented and I'm really happy about that. These shades are long lasting which is amazing so I don't have to worry about them looking too faded quickly. I love this trio and I really want to try some more Ted Baker eyeshadows now because I'm intrigued to see what their matte shades are like. 


blush and bronze duo
Something that really interested me is this blush and bronze duo because I don't wear blush and I haven't owned a bronzer in a while, so I was very excited about this. Just like the eyeshadow trio, these have bows on and I avoided the bows also because I don't wanna ruin it. The bronzer is subtle but can be buildable, which I love. The blush is also subtle but buildable which is good because I'm a beginner when it comes to blush. The blush is so pretty and shimmery. I'm very happy with this duo.

eyelash curlers
These eyelash curlers make me happy because they're gold (my favourite) and they have a bow on them! They curl my lashes really well. I don't know what else to say about eyelash curlers, but I love them.


lipstick
I was very excited about this lipstick as I don't have that many regular lipsticks and wanted to start adding more to my collection. This lipstick is a beautiful red and has a 'T' on it. The lipstick smells like vanilla, it's so good. It has a satiny finish which is really nice. It applies smoothly and easily and practically glides on. It's long lasting even through eating and drinking. It fades over time and it stays on really well. 

lipgloss
Lipgloss is something I've really been loving in the past few years, so I was very excited about there being one in this set. I love this shade and it looks nice on it's own or over other lipsticks. It's easy to apply and isn't sticky nor annoying which is great. It lasts a pretty decent amount of time but I don't mind reapplying throughout the day. 


lip crayon
I had never tried a lip crayon before until now but I've always been intrigued by them. It's a lovely pink shade but doesn't look much like it until you put it on. I love how this applies, it applies smoothly with no tugging and it's so pigmented so you can quickly and easily apply one layer and you're good to go. This is the first lip product I tried out of all of them and I was so impressed with how long lasting it is, especially through eating and drinking. It faded after a while but still left a pink tint to my lips. 

eyebrow pencil
Lastly is the eyebrow pencil, which I was very excited about as I've needed a new eyebrow pencil for a while because I'm not the biggest fan of my current Revolution one. Because this came in a set, I didn't know what the shade would be like but it's the perfect shade. It's double sided like a lot of eyebrow pencils I've used and has a brush on one end and the pencil on the other. I'm very happy with the pencil as it's thin and is the perfect size, which makes it easy to use. The formula is so creamy and pigmented. I love it. 


And that's my thoughts on the first time trying Ted Baker makeup. I genuinely love all of these products and I'm so happy with them. 


swatches from left to right (blush, bronzer, 3 eyeshadows, lipgloss, lip crayon, lipstick & eyebrow pencil).


Have you tried Ted Bakers makeup? If so, what do you recommend? 





Comments

  1. So gorgeous!😍 I haven't tried Ted baker products before but would love to.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that eyeshadow trio is gorgeous! I've not tried anything from Ted Baker in years let alone did I know they had makeup xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they had makeup either, but I love them!xx

      Delete
  3. They look fantastic! Really beautiful shades and lovely textures <3

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts