What I'm looking forward to this autumn & winter

what i'm looking forward to this autumn + winter 

It's autumn and I'm so happy about it. Leaves are everywhere, the jumpers have come out and the weather has gotten very cold all of a sudden and I loveeee it! Autumn and winter are two of my favourite seasons for many reasons. I feel more inspired about writing blogposts, making YouTube videos and just in general at this time of the year. There are a few things I'm looking forward to this autumn and winter, so here they are. 

pigs in the new forest

Every autumn, pigs are released into the New Forest when the acorns start to fall off the trees. There are tons of pigs and piglets roaming around the forest and it's so fascinating to see. I love visiting the New Forest, it's one of my favourite places and I love it even more when the pigs are out. They're not always the easiest to find, but once you've found them, there tends to be a few together. They've been out for about a week or so I believe, but I'm desperate to go and see them. 


warm clothes

I can't wait to start wearing all the jackets, coats, jumpers, long sleeve tops, high neck tops and layer them all. I've worn a couple of really warm outfits out and layered already. 


pumpkin picking + carving

Every year, my mum and I go pumpkin picking and it's so much fun. I love seeing all the pumpkins in the fields. I also love carving them and I always try and do something different. I'm not sure what I'm going to try and do this year, but I need to think of something, although I have a lil bit of time to decide. 


everywhere is christmassy 

I love when it gets to that time of year when everywhere is christmassy. I absolutely love looking at christmas decorations and all the lights. 


scarves, hats + gloves

I usually try and wear scarves with everything. I just love them. I also want to get some more hats for the colder weather as I love wooly hats!  


being cosy

I love nothing more than being cosy. Making my room/house cozy is something that I aim to always do around this time of the year. I have a newly redecorated room and I'm so excited to make it all cosy and then all christmassy. 


autumn + winter decor

Autumn and winter decor is something I love and definitely want to get more of this year. 


colder weather

I actually prefer the colder weather to the boiling hot weather (that's an unpopular opinion, I bet). There's just something about being wrapped up warm when it's cold and getting cosy indoors with a blanket and a hot drink that I just absolutely love. 


getting the christmas tree

Every year we get a real christmas tree and it's something I love doing. I love getting the tree, bringing it home and seeing how my mum decorates it. I also love the smell of real christmas trees. 


boots, boots + more boots

I love boots. I wear them so much and I can't stop buying boots. Knee high boots, ankle boots, heeled boots, wedge boots, just gimme all the boots. 


halloween makeup

Every year I tell myself to do multiple different halloween looks, but considering I don't go to halloween parties or really 'dress up' for halloween, I always enjoy playing around with makeup to create halloween looks. Last year I did rabbit makeup and got some grey rabbit ears to match my bunny, Flopsy, so I'm not sure what makeup look to do this year. 


blankets

I definitely need to buy some more blankets because I end up giving all mine to my guinea pigs and rabbits, however blankets are one of my favourites for autumn and winter. They're just a lot easier to take around the house. 


christmas movies

ELF, Love Actually and The Holiday are my favourite christmassy/winter themed films and I cannot wait to watch them over and over again! 


autumnal/winter themed blogposts + youtube videos

I always feel more inspired around this time of the year. I really enjoy creating autumnal/wintery themed content. I also really enjoy reading/watching autumn/winter themed posts/videos. 


warm drinks

Although I drink warm drinks every day of the year (I cannot go a day without drinking a cup of tea...or 5), they're just a lot nicer when the weathers colder and it warms you up. 


frosty mornings

Frosty mornings are so pretty.


cosy socks

I love socks and I own far too many, however a lot of them are big, cosy socks that I love bringing out when the weather gets colder. I'm so excited to wear them more as I've been wearing them over the past few weeks already. 


autumn/winter themed candles

I love candles, but my aim this year is to buy more autumn/winter themed candles and to burn them more. 


darker makeup 

I'm definitely more into colourful, bright makeup nowadays (especially eyeshadows), whereas before I loved just wearing brown, bronze, gold etc, so this time of the year actually means I can switch up my makeup a little. 


sunsets are earlier

I love going out to take photos of the sunset, however when it gets darker later, I can't be bothered to wait around to go out to the beach or something to take photos. Now the sunsets are getting earlier, I can't wait to go out more and photograph it. 


leaves everywhere

Leaves are so pretty when they're covering the ground or turning colours on the trees. I love driving through the countryside and there being so many different coloured leaves on the trees. 


roast dinners

My boyfriend and I made a roast dinner this weekend and it was soo good. It's the first roast dinner I've had in what feels like forever. For some reason, I don't have roasts during the warm/hot weather, but now it's getting colder, I want to change that. 


autumnal recipes

I love doing a google on autumnal recipes and seeing what I can make. I'm planning on making some autumnal food and drinks. 


walks in the woods

Walks in the woods are great all year round, however walks in the woods during autumn are just different and I love it. I don't even know if that makes sense? 


mulled wine

A couple of years ago, I made mulled wine and it was so good. I like mulled wine you can buy, but I love warm mulled wine freshly made. 


autumn + winter themed photo props 

Pinecones are something I've added into my photos for years here on my blog and Instagram, although I used to it a lot more than I do now. I definitely want to start adding more autumnal and winter themed props in my photos. 


What are you looking forward to this autumn and winter? 


Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit | Pinterest | 21 Buttons

Comments

  1. Looks like you have a lot of fun things to look forward too! I am also SO excited to carve pumpkins - it is one of my favorite Halloween traditions.
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh me too! It's definitely one of the best things about halloween in my opinion!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute post! This is definitely the best time of the year by far. Going pumpkin picking on Saturday and I am so excited. Fingers crossed that it doesn't rain!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely is. Ahh have fun, I hope it doesn't rain for you!

      Delete
  3. We're heading towards the warmer months here in Australia but I definitely prefer cooler weather, it feels far more cosy. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts