June 2020 & meet Georgie



June seemed to have d r a g g e d and I feel like it had been June for soo long... I did a few things in June to share and I also want to introduce you to my new guinea pig, Georgie. 


A walk I went on, was in Warsash. I'd never been to this walk before, but it was really lovely. It was a warm day and walking through the trees was really pretty. There weren't many people around, so it was quiet and peaceful. I hadn't walked that far in a loooong time, but it was so nice getting out and doing some exercise outside. 


Another place I went to, which was mostly in the car (as it was chucking it down and thundering and lightening), was Hayling Island. I don't live far from Hayling Island but it always feels like we're so much further away from home. It's a nice place to visit, which is usually packed when it's sunny, however because of all the rain, it wasn't busy. My mum and I only got out the car for a short amount of time to quickly walk to this field full of big daisies before it started raining again. It was so pretty. I love big daisies and when I find them, I always spend ages taking photos of them.


Meet Georgie


If you read my May 2020 post or saw on my Instagram, then you might know that at the end of May, one of my guinea pigs, Buddy, passed away. Since my other guinea pig Max was left by himself, I had been looking to get Max a little friend as guinea pigs are very sociable animals and should have a friend with them. I wasn't planning on getting a guinea pig so soon after Buddy passed away, however Max looked so sad and lonely. He's always had a piggie friend, so to be by himself for 2 weeks must've not been nice for him. 

I contacted a breeder I found on Pets4homes from Winchester, who happened to have lots of boy guinea pigs available. Reaching out to someone and organising this by myself was such a huge step for me. It gave me so much anxiety as I have so much anxiety talking to people, so I'm really proud of myself for doing it. I was considering backing out and not getting a new piggie yet, but seeing Max so sad by himself made me go ahead and do it. On the 13th, my parents, boyfriend and I drove to Winchester and I picked out this little cutie. 

He was so tiny as he was only 8 weeks old, but he became so confident so quickly. By the evening of getting him, he was already a lil confident baby. For most of the day he didn't have a name as I was so stuck on what to call him. My mum suggested Georgie after my grandmas old budgie and I really like that name, so meet Georgie. Him and Max got on so well from the start and I slowly introduced each other and made sure they bonded well before they lived together. 

Max has a big dog crate as a cage and I attach his run to it to make it bigger and have more space for him to run around. Georgie was so tiny, he kept escaping through the bars, so I couldn't keep him in with Max at first. I bought some square c&c metal pieces (I don't quite know what they're called) and put those around the inside to stop Georgie getting out. After a week of them living together, I was at Hambledon on a walk and my brother texted me saying that Georgie had escaped and was in the dining room hiding under my rabbits wooden bed... The c&c things were supposed to be 'baby guinea pig proof', so my plan didn't technically work. He hasn't escaped since I've put him back in and he's grown a little, so maybe he can't fit through those squares anymore. 

I'm glad Max and Georgie get along though. They love each other and it's so cute because they lay down together, next to each other. Max has never done that with another guinea pig before, so I'm so happy he does it with Georgie. It makes me so happy that they're happy together. They both run around popcorning and making happy noises and purring. It's adorable.



                                                  Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit




Comments

  1. How cute is Georgie!? Good on you lovely for stepping out of your comfort zone and organising/arranging to pick out this little cutie x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think June lasted so long, but we're almost half way July! Georgie is the cutest pet! Enjoy your summer ♡
    fleetinggyal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, July seems to be going pretty quickly! Thank you, you too x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts