May 2020


I feel like May came and went by so quickly. It feels like yesterday I was celebrating my youngest brothers 19th birthday on the 1st and I've just celebrated my other younger brothers 21st birthday on the 30th. This month has flown by, which doesn't usually happen for me as months seem to drag. We're still in lockdown and I haven't left the house a massive amount, I must admit. Towards the beginning of the month, I did do some fun things out in the sun. 


Towards the beginning of May, my boyfriend and I had a picnic in the garden. I got to use my new picnic basket, which I was very excited about. It was a lovely sunny day and we really enjoyed sitting in the sun on my picnic rug, eating and relaxing. I was a lovely afternoon. 


I've lived on the South Coast my entire life and in those 22 years, I have never seen jellyfish in Walpole Park in Gosport. My mum said they were there when she was younger, but up until recently I think they had just vanished because I'd never seen them before. Anyway, recently there's been loads and they're so pretty. I first went with my mum and then my boyfriend and I went and I still find it so fascinating. I just enjoy watching jellyfish, I think they're amazing. We then went on a little walk around Gosport, which was nice because I hadn't walked around there in a while. 


One thing I love doing, is having little photo shoots with my hamster, Pip. I was taking blog photos (hence the candle dish and fake flowers in the background) and decided to get Pip out for a run around because he'd not long woken up. I gave him some treats and managed to get some adorable photos of him, which I'm very happy about. I love how he stuffs his cheeks and holds his food in his hands, it's so cute. 


I also managed to get a photo of my guinea pig, Max, giving me kisses. He always gives me kisses, but up until this photo was taken, I had never gotten a photo of him doing so, only videos. I had to burst it to get this photo and it actually worked. He's such a cutie. 

Unfortunately on the 29th of May, my other guinea pig, Buddy, joined piggie heaven. He went downhill very quickly and passed away before I'd woken up on Friday morning. I'm heartbroken, but at least he's not in pain anymore. Max has been very cuddly since Buddy passed away and has been giving me a lot more kisses than normal.


A little walk I did, involved a walk through some trees with overgrown plants, climbing over a fence, walking down a long small road through fields and then coming across this cute pond with some ducks. This is pretty much down the road from my house and I never knew this pond was here, yet I've lived in my current house for like 12 years... Now that we've been in lockdown, I've explored new places and found things I never knew was so close to me. It was so peaceful and I loved watching the ducks just happily swim around. 


Another thing I finally did, was sort out my wardrobe. It's something I've needed to do for months but to be quite honest, I just couldn't be bothered because I knew it'd stress me out. It wasn't as stressful as I thought it was going to be (thankfully) and I was very strict with myself on what I was keeping and what I was getting rid of. My clothes still looks a little cramped together, but its a lot better than what it was. 

Things I've been loving:

In May, there was 2 things I'd really been enjoying.

My boyfriend showed me An Idiot Abroad and it's easily become one of my new favourite shows. If you're not aware of what it's about, basically Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant send Karl Pilkington around the world on different adventures that he doesn't know about until he's there. He only knows the country he's going to. Karl is hilarious and I don't think any other tv show has made me cry laugh like this one. 

A game I've been loving is Farming Simulator 2019. My brother had been playing Farming Simulator for a while, but in May, they released the 2019 one on Playstation Plus, so I had to get it. it's a great game and I really enjoy playing it. My brother and I have a farm together, where we have chickens and roosters, quite a bit of land, crops we're growing and a whole bunch of machinery. We want to get a lot more animals like cows, pigs, sheep and horses. It's just a relaxing, fun game. 


(from our walk around Gosport)

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit

Comments

  1. Omg your hamster is so cute, love all your photos!!

    Yiota
    http://pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute photos! I always love looking back on posts like this, so you can remember how you spent your time, and look back on the memories that were made x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts