Edit my photos with me


Editing my Instagram and blog photos is something I love doing. I love seeing the before and after and watching a photo change. I've uploaded 2 posts before on how I edit my photos and since then, I've changed up the way I edit them a little, so here is an updated version.


I usually use my camera (the Canon 700D) on manual to take photos specifically for my blog and Instagram. I play around with it until I like how it looks basically. The rest of the time I take photos on my iPhone XR as when I'm out and don't take my camera, I'll use my phone. 

The first thing I always do before anything is either crop and/or straighten the photo. I always do this on the camera roll under edit. Sometimes it straightens it for you, but it doesn't always go how I want it to, so I generally ignore that and do it myself. 


Into the editing apps. When it comes to editing photos of products/things on a white background, I always use FaceTune first. FaceTune is a great app for editing your photos on. Firstly, I like to whiten the background (photo above). Making it bright is something I like, so thats what I do. It's so easy to do. 


I then brighten the photo with the exposure (photo above). Depending on how dark the photo is, obviously depends on how much I up the exposure. I don't like to over brighten it, so I usually stay between 10 and 30 if it's a photo of a product or something indoors. If it's an outside photo and it's sunny, I usually stay under 10.


I then use s-curve (photo above). I normally have this between 10 and 20, which evens it out with the exposure. 


If something needs removing like a piece of hay (3 out of 5 of my fur babies eat hay and it gets everywhere and usually creeps into my photos when I think I've removed it beforehand) or dust/fluff, then I will use the patch tool in FaceTune.

If I need to remove cables indoors or something outside I don't want in it, like a post or something, then Retouch is a great app for getting rid of things like that. I usually use quick repair to quickly get rid of unwanted things in my photos. In the photo above I removed the light in the top right and 2 white poles on the pier as an example. 

It's usually pretty simple and gets rid of things quickly and neatly, however sometimes it does take a little longer to perfect and even it out. It all depends on the size/background of whatever you're trying to move. 


The last app I use is Photo Editor for a filter. I never used to put filters on my blog or Instagram feed photos, however since I found the filter I use, I started to and I really like it. Does anyone remember the Fade filter that Apple had on it's regular camera filters? Well I used to love that filter and when I downloaded Photo Editor a while ago, I came across the Fade filter on there and I was so happy. I love the way it makes my photos look. Sometimes it can get rid of true colours, so in swatches etc, I don't use it, but for most other things I do. 


I like to try and match my photos together, so having the same filter on all of them kinda does that. After editing them, I just upload them to my blog and/or Instagram. 

Apps & prices
  • FaceTune: £3.99 (apple)
  • Retouch: £1.99 (apple)
  • Photo Editor: free (apple)






Comments

  1. I loved seeing this process! I don't think many people show their before and after edits - for me, increasing the exposure on products and palettes is definitely one of my first moves when I edit anything because it just makes the colours pop so much more as, I find, when you take pictures of eyeshadows especially, they just appear more muted than they do in real life in the final photo. So it's definitely much needed to give an accurate representation of the tones! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie x
    https://www.marinawriteslife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love seeing peoples before and after photos, I find it so interesting. Definitely! x

      Delete
  2. Editing my instagram/blog photos is the part I hate the most! I absolutely dread it and end up spending so long and never getting quite what I want. Yours look amazing! I might have to look into facetune!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts