February 2020

Back with the monthly post of everything. In February, we seemed to have a lot of storms, rain, it's been bloody freezing and I feel like the majority of this months weather wasn't good. I'm not sure why I expected any different because I live in England and it's winter... Despite the weather being bad, I still got up to some fun things and in this post I've also added some things I've been liking.


One of my personal goals that I hadn't spoke about on my blog, was to print photos off every month. I love taking photos, mostly of my animals, but I don't like that they're just kind of on my phone or computer. I used to print photos off fairly often but hadn't done in almost a year, so I ended up printing off about 86 photos to add to my photo box I have. I love having proper photos that I can look through often instead of scrolling through my phone trying to find one. I got so excited when my photos turned up! 


On the 1st of February, my family, boyfriend and I went to Brighton for a few hours. I hadn't been to Brighton in a long time and especially since my Vitamin D has come up, so my energy levels have raised from my meds. I was interested to see how far I could walk. We didn't go down the lanes, which I'm kinda glad about because it was fairly busy along the seafront, so I can't imagine how busy it would've been in the lanes and it definitely would've stressed me out. 

It was a sunny day and the only freezing part I can remember, was on the pier. I didn't take a massive amount of photos which was surprising for me, but I've been to Brighton so many times that I'm not sure what photos to take anymore. I always seem to take a photo of the pier though.

One thing I found quite interesting was this upside down house on the seafront. I had no idea this was there, but it was really cool to see. We didn't go inside but I googled it when I got home and the photo of the inside looks really cool. 

I'm proud of myself for how far I walked, even though my legs were killing me. It was a good, but exhausting day and I fell asleep in the car on the way home.


I mentioned in my January 2020 post that I got my bunny a stroller. In February, I took her out in it for the first time. I was so excited and I took her around a few roads at first and then took her a little further out because I was having a lot of fun and she seemed to enjoy herself as well. 

Flopsy loves going out in the car to the vets and she enjoys looking out the window, so I knew she'd enjoy looking out her stroller. I can't wait to take her out in it again but the weather turned into storms and it's been way too cold.


Two places I ate out at for the first time was the Jolly Roger pub in Hardway, Gosport and Wagamama's in Whitely. I'd been into the Jolly Roger pub a couple of times, but never to eat. They had a good amount of gluten free choices, although there was only a few options that were gluten free and vegetarian. I can't remember what it was called that I had, but it was a bowl of different beans, gluten free garlic bread and salad. It was really good and the garlic bread was so nice. My boyfriend had a burger, salad and chips in a bucket, which I thought was cute. 

Wagamama's has been somewhere I wanted to go for a while. They really don't have a massive amount of vegetarian options that are also gluten free (I think there was 1 main). We had to look online first to see what they have and the allergens. The side I went with was the Wok-fried greens, which is "tender stem broccoli and bok choi, stir-fried in a garlic and soy sauce" and the allergens only said there was soya, so I went with that. 

I chose the Yasai Nikko curry as that was the only gluten free and vegetarian together they had. It's a "fragrant coconut, lemongrass and turmeric soup with tofu, roasted butternut squash, turmeric cauliflower, tender stem broccoli, mangetout, bok choi and beansprouts, garnished with chilli, coriander, fresh ginger, lime and chilli oil. Served with a side of white rice with sesame seeds". This was so good and I'm desperate to have it again. I love tofu and I was so excited to try this and I was not disappointed! 

For dessert, I had the white chocolate and matcha cheesecake. This doesn't come up under the non-gluten part of the website, however the allergens are eggs, milk, mustard, sesame seed, soya, sulphur dioxide and tree nuts, so I kinda risked it. The cheesecake is "served with vanilla ice cream and finished with chocolate sauce, mixed with sesame seeds and fresh mint". This cheesecake was so good. I didn't know what to expect, but it was really nice. 


Something I did that I needed to share because it's too cute not to, is some more little photo shoots I did with my hamster, Pip. I've been doing a lot of little photo shoots with him because he sits still more than my guinea pigs and rabbit do, surprisingly. I love the one of him sat inside the mini trolley, it's adorable.


Two shows I've been loving are Justin Bieber's documentary and Formula 1: Drive To Survive. Justin's documentary, Seasons, is on YouTube and my brother and I watched it together. I found it so interesting and seeing the making of his album. I love his new album, but after watching Seasons, I really wish he'd added La Bomba to his album because it sounded so good. 

Formula 1: Drive To Survive is a documentary on Netflix that follows behind the scenes of the teams and drivers etc. I watched season 2 first as my boyfriend had seen season 1. I love Formula 1 and have done for many years and I find it super interesting watching shows about it. 


Comments

  1. I really like your hamster, it is soooo cute! BTW you have gorgeous photos <3

    xoxo | https://lipstickverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and the food looks delicious!!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hamster is so cute!! I have been meaning to go to Wagamamas for ages, their food seems great. Can't believe I haven't been xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'd definitely recommend it xx

      Delete
  4. Awww such cute photos! I love the snaps of your hamster, so sweet and the bunny going out in the stroller ahhh I wish I could take my gerbils out with me, they probably wouldn't know too much about what was going on though xD such a lovely post, I hope the weather warms up soon, we've had relentless storms here too! What is English weather?? Haha! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that'd be cute to take your hamsters out haha! English weather is awful haha! xx

      Delete
  5. That house looks really fun! I heard so much of Brighton, must be a cool place to visit.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does! Brighton is a really nice place to visit.

      Delete
  6. Oh my god I can't believe you have a stroller for your rabbit, what actual goals! I love Brighton but agree it can get so insanely busy, especially during the weekends it can be quite overwhelming but it's such a fab place! I've always said, if I didn't live in London I'd want to live in Brighton! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the crazy bunny lady with a stroller for my rabbit, hahahah! Brighton would be a lovely place to live!xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts