Recap of my 2018 goals & my new 2019 goals

Towards the beginning of 2018 I did 2 blogposts on my blogging goals and makeup goals for the year. I've also decided to share a mix of my 2019 goals too. I love setting goals and I do it quite often at the beginning of the year, months, weeks and days. Just having goals to work on is something I enjoy trying to achieve. 


Makeup Goals
We'll start with the makeup goals as that was the first of the two I posted. To be honest, I didn't wear makeup that much in 2018, but I did play around with it more when I did, so this will be interesting.

Try different eyeshadow shades: I achieved this one in the middle-the end of the year. I started using red sparkly eyeshadow and became obsessed with orange eyeshadows, which are both shades I've wanted to try for a long time. While this might not seem like a lot to some people, to me it is as I've always stuck with brown/bronze and pink shades. This year I want to try more colourful shades like purple and blue!

Use my non-regular products more: I definitely achieved this one after I sorted all of my makeup out around August time.

Stop buying eyeshadow: this one failed. It was going well until around June when I bought an eyeshadow palette and then again in October time. 2 palettes in one year isn't that much though, right? I came to realise this goal was a bit unrealistic as I love eyeshadows too much to stop buying them. On the good side though, I did avoid buying palettes that have the same shades as all my other ones, so thats a good thing.

Find more cruelty free affordable brands: this goal happened whether I bought from those brands or not, I will be purchasing from them this year. My favourite brand I used is Collection. I got a few things from there in 2018 and its such a great brand. 

Use my Makeup Revolution Ultimate palette more: during 2018, I used the same 3 palettes and unfortunately I didn't use the Revolution Ultimate palette that often.


Blogging goals
Every year I set myself some new blogging goals and I think I did pretty well with them.

Upload more frequently: this is half and half. At the beginning of the year I aimed to upload once a week and for the most part, I achieved that. When it hit December my schedule went all out. I guess up until December I reached this goal. December was a stressful month for me and I lost motivation in blogging (and everything else really), which seems to be a reoccurring thing for me in the past couple of years in December. I want to get back on track now as I'm feeling much more motivated. 

Learn more about my camera for photos: this is one I'm very glad I achieved. Photo taking on duller weather days got a lil bit easier for me. I started testing my camera on manual and got my photos to how I wanted to. Theres still a bit for me to learn, however I'm pretty happy and confident with it all now.

Do more flat lays: this one didn't go to plan too much, however I have some flat lay photos planned for this year. I used to love doing flat lay photos and I don't know why I don't do it much anymore. 

Write about different things: I did achieve this with writing a couple of posts about learning a new language, pet posts and some other posts. According to my blogging goals blogpost, I wanted to upload some food and drink posts and I didn't write a single thing about food and drink...maybe this year?

Think of better titles: my titles have always been plain and simple, however this year I've tried to write longer/better titles for my posts. I'm happy with some of my titles. 


2019
I have a lot of goals this year, however I won't be sharing all of them otherwise this post will be so long.

Save £100 a month: this is something I started to do towards the end of 2018 and then I ended up spending it on multiple guinea pig vet visits in a month, which I'm fine with and is part of the reason why I'm saving £100 a month (for emergencies). 

Upload frequently on my blog, YouTube and Instagram: this is my goal every year, especially for YouTube and Instagram. I think I upload more on my blog than anything else.

Go to/get tickets for a concert: concerts are my absolutely favourite and in 2018 I went to a Maluma concert and was supposed to see Daddy Yankee (but he cancelled his only UK show for some reason). This year I'd like to go to another concert or get tickets to a concert (whether it be for this year or next). I love having concerts to look forward to.

Get another pet: I love pets and I'm such an animal person. I currently have 3 guinea pigs and a budgie. I'd love a bunny or some mice (both of which I've had before). In the 18/19 years I've had pets, I've had a lot of different ones, so I'd quite like to get one I've never had before as well. A pet I'd love is a chinchilla but I need to do more research on those.

Get a tattoo: when I was younger I was more into piercings than tattoos and ended up with 12 piercings by the time I was 17. I never used to see myself getting a tattoo, however now I'm really into wanting tattoos. I want a small tattoo related to my family.

Get my life together: my life has been pretty much on hold due to my illness that I've never spoken about anywhere else online before. Its created a negative impact on my life and this year I want to get my life together and actually enjoy life. I want to focus on my mental health and do things that make me happier. I don't like opening up as I'm quite a private person, so I'm not sure I'll write a post on this just yet, but maybe this year.

Learn more Portuguese and Italian: I've been learning Spanish for a couple of years and towards the end of last year I started learning a bit of Portuguese and Italian. I love learning new languages and I'd love to continue learning more. 

Try/buy more Playstation games: this is a goal that I think my brother is really happy about as he's quite the gamer. Back in August, my brother bought me a playstation so we could play games together and up until about a week ago, I only played GTA5. I've been playing different GTA's for so many years and then started playing GTA5 when it came out (its my favourite one). This goal is already off to a good start as I've now bought Minecraft and Need For Speed and got Steep from the free games on PS Now. Previously on my brothers playstation, we played all sorts of games like NBA, FIFA, Lego Games, COD and quite a few more. I still want to get a bunch more games I've never played before.

Be more positive: this kind of links in with the 'get my life together' goal. I'm very rarely a positive person. Every now and then I'll have this little burst of positivity and then I'll drop right back down again. My aim is to focus on becoming a positive person.

Those are my 2018 recaps and my 2019 goals. I can't wait to look back on these at the end of 2019 and see how many I've achieved. What are some of your goals for this year?


Comments

  1. I really enjoy reading this blog post and wish you a lot success in achieving your goals in 2019.
    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/search/label/en
    YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvOerG-LYZk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on trying to save £100 a month, but I already know I'll have failed that for January because we're going on holiday! I hope everything goes smoothly with achieving your goals!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2019 girl! You can do this!

    x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you achieve all your goals for 2019, lovely! Good luck on finding another pet, how exciting.

    Maria | chicnpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving these 2019 goals!! Getting a tattoo is just a cool experience :) Being positive is also on my 2019 aspiration as well :)

    Great post :)

    - Marina W
    http://www.waitmarinawho.com/2019/01/roermond-netherlands.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :) I hope you achieve yours also!

      Delete
  6. hope you can succedd with all these proposition! there are so many! i only came up with one this year, which is live more lightly (:

    Cate ღ 35mm in Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I always come up with too many goals every year. I hope you achieve yours!

      Delete
  7. Good luck with all of your goals! I hope your Guinea Pig is okay too, and that you're able to get a new pet xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! he's okay now thank you :) xx

      Delete
  8. Wow you did so well with last year's goals! Good luck with this years xx

    Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your goals for this year!

    Dena xo | Dena Jayne | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did amazingly well last year, so here's to another fabulous year for you gorgeous! I really love that you want to go to more live concerts because, let's face it, it's one thing listening to Maluma but another thing seeing him in front of your face (I love his Pretty Boy, Dirty Boy album) - I bet that was an amazing experience! Your blog has always been one of my favourites so, yes, can't wait for more uploads this year from you - I'm really excited to read them! x
    Marina Rosie x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I know right and I love that album too! He was incredible. Aw thank you, yours too, Marina!x

      Delete
  11. Loved this post! I am also a goal-setter and I have so many ideas of things I would like to do this year. You ticked off quite a few in 2018 so well done!
    I just got into using my playstation again and I am loving Spyro and Call of Duty at the moment! xx

    https://paulamarieee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. good luck on your goals! my brother plays Spyro and it looks like a good game. I've never played COD except the prop hunt on Modern Warfare!xx

      Delete
  12. I really like your post.
    http://keylineexim.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've set yourself a target! Remember that people strive to achieve their goals! You've reached the goals as soon as possible!
    http://friv.party/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great recap of 2018! I am a huge fan of setting goals for myself and writing them down (to hold myself accountable!), so I love that you set goals for 2019 - I hope you can accomplish them all! Thanks for sharing!
    -Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts