22 reasons why I love autumn & winter

I love autumn and winter and every summer, I get excited that its nearly autumn. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I definitely prefer autumn and winter to spring and summer. I prefer being cold and I much prefer dressing for the colder weather. The thing I hate about autumn and winter is the constant cloudy, rainy weather. Sometimes it can be nice, but it constantly being like that makes my mood drop. This is a post about why I love autumn and winter, but thats one of the very few cons about this time of the year. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, so here's 22 reasons why I love autumn and winter.


  1. Scarves, hats, gloves and big socks | I've been the most excited about getting my scarves out over anything. I just love wearing them. 
  2. Layering clothes | I'm one of those people who will layer clothes as much as possible, until its at the point where I struggle to move in what I'm wearing.
  3. Jumpers, big jackets/coats | Every autumn and winter I look forward to bringing out my denim jacket with the wooly collar/lining. I love that I can start wearing it again.
  4. Onesies
  5. Boots
  6. Warm drinks | While I love warm drinks all year round, theres nothing better than waking up on a cold morning and having a warm cup of tea. 
  7. Soup | I find I eat soup more throughout the autumn and winter. 
  8. Dark nail polish
  9. Halloween | While I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween and never really have been, I do love carving pumpkins and sometimes doing Halloween makeup, even though I never go anywhere on Halloween.
  10. Dark and red lipsticks
  11. Blankets
  12. Everywhere is Christmassy | Everywhere isn't as Christmassy so much before Halloween, although there are Christmas stuff in shops just before autumn even starts. After Halloween, I love that pretty much everywhere is Christmassy.
  13. Cosy nights
  14. It gets darker earlier | This is probably another unpopular opinion, but I love when it gets darker earlier. It makes the evening feel longer.
  15. Christmas trees | One of my favourite things to do is going to get our Christmas tree because the tree in our living room is always real. 
  16. Fairy lights
  17. The possibility of snow | While here on the South Coast of England, we don't seem to get as much snow as up country and usually it snows a bit after Christmas, I like knowing theres a slight possibility of there being show. Everything/everywhere looks so pretty covered in snow.
  18. Christmas movies and songs | Is it too early to watch ELF now?
  19. Autumnal/wintery themed photos, blogposts and YouTube videos | Whether its my own photos, blogposts or YouTube videos or other peoples, I love autumnal and wintery themed stuff. I love gathering autumn and winter Christmassy blog props for photos. I love watching my favourite YouTubers autumn and wintery videos and soon its vlogmas, which gives me christmassy themed videos to watch every day.
  20. Shopping | I love shopping for autumn and winter clothes. Gimme all the big jackets, boots, scarves and cosy clothes. I also love shopping for Christmas decorations.
  21. Having the heating on | I love sitting by the radiator.
  22. Wintery themed bedding | Its time to bring out the wintery themed bedding and buy more. I can't wait!

What do you love about autumn and winter?














Comments

  1. I love Autumn and Winter for the same reasons! rain definitely makes me feel down after a while and its definitely the biggest downside to the colder seasons! I loved this post x

    Shannon | https://shannonmichelle1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is definitely my favourite season, however, I do adore the cosy nights and hot chocolates that autumn bring! Love this post!!x

    Lily Loves |https://www.lilyloves.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Autumn was the same In Australia as it was every where else. For us it begins in march and it takes a while for the dreadful summer heat to wear off. I love it when it starts to cool down and you can finally wear jumpers and sweaters. Though Halloween isn't during our autumn which sucks. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't imagine not having halloween in autumn!x

      Delete
  4. Okay, loved this so much! So many relatable reasons to be honest because, I too, love sitting by the radiator (in fact I'm doing it now!) wearing boots and dark lipsticks and, oh yes, PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES! Wonderful post as usual Em! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie x
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you. I love autumn and fall for the same reasons. Great post.

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48JZd0Gbj0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts