My makeup story | tag
It's about time I did another tag. I've seen a few people do this tag in the past and I thought it'd be a fun one to do.
- Hold old were you when you started wearing makeup? I was 11 when I started wearing mascara, concealer and sometimes foundation. I started getting into more makeup like powder and eyeliner when I was 12/13.
- How did you get into makeup? I don't actually remember how I got into makeup when I was 11, I think it's because I saw my Mum apply it and thought it looked like fun. I got into (more) makeup because I was very insecure about my spots/skin and wanted to cover them. I then really got into makeup from watching YouTube videos and loved the eyeshadow, contour, highlights etc.
- What are some of your favourite makeup brands? NYX, Barry M and Makeup Revolution.
- What does makeup mean to you? For ages it meant confidence and made me feel better about myself. Now it's just fun and I like playing around with different makeup items, especially eyeshadows.
- If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be? Brow pencil, primer, foundation and powder.
- Whats your favourite thing about makeup? I love how fun it is to create new looks and try different products. Another favourite thing about makeup is that makeup doesn't have any rules. You can do whatever you like.
- What do you think about drugstore vs high end makeup? I think you can get some really good quality products from the drugstore. I love high end makeup also, but most of my makeup is drugstore.
- What is one tip of advice that you could give a beginner? Blend, blend, blend. I was someone who never blended enough and wondered why it didn't turn out how I wanted it to. Practice makes perfect.
- What is one makeup trend you never understood? I can't actually think of any. To be honest, I don't think there is one.
- What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube or the Blogging community? Everyone is so supportive and lovely. I've never come across anybody mean myself, everyone is so nice!