My first experience using Glasses Direct

 my first experience using glasses direct


After having the same prescription glasses for 7 years, I finally plucked up the courage and went for an eye test! I knew my eyes were getting worse and my old glasses just didn't seem to be as clear as what they were anymore. I booked an appointment with Specsavers and went along to my appointment. I had never been to Specsavers before and it was different to the last opticians I previously went to. They seemed more advanced in their machinery and the test itself was a lot easier and quicker. This was the first time going to an eye appointment by myself and I was very anxious, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and all the staff were friendly. Anyway, my vision has gotten worse (they scanned my previous glasses), so I got a new prescription and went on my way.


From the moment I booked my eye test, I knew I didn't want to buy glasses at Specsavers as there was a few online websites I was browsing. I had heard great things about Glasses Direct and knew about them from their adverts on TV I saw a while back. I browsed high and low on that website after my eye test and decided to do a home trial.


free trial


I knew Glasses Direct did a 7 day home trial from adverts I'd seen, so I was keen to do that. The whole trial is absolutely free, unless you don't return the glasses, so you have to put your card details in incase. I picked 4 glasses that I liked the look of for my home trial (not all glasses are available for home trial), within the price range I was going for. The next day Hermes turned up at my door (surprisingly haha) and handed me my trial frames. 


I tested out 3 frames that were similar in shape and size and one frame that was completely different and very round. After a few days I knew exactly what pair I wanted to buy. 


The good thing is that if you don't like any of the 4 pairs or want to trial more then you can trial 4 more. Returning the trial frames is so easy and you can return them via the post office or post box as they fit perfectly in post boxes. 


I love that Glasses Direct have the option for a free trial as it's much easier trying them on in the comfort of your own home instead of in the opticians. 


ordering the glasses


Ordering glasses from Glasses Direct was a lot easier than I had anticipated. You pick the glasses you want, add the vision type (distance, reading and computer is free but bifocal and varifocal are not free). You then choose the lens category (clear is free, however blue light lenses, sunglasses and transitions light intelligent lenses are not free). Then you choose the light package (bronze, silver or gold). Lastly you add your prescription which you have the option to send prescription later, enter new prescription or use a saved one. I like that you have the option to save a prescription so you don't have to put it all in again next time you order. 


There are a lot of different styles at different prices to choose from. They have 3 sections to browse through. There are essential, designer and boutique. I only browsed through essential as the ones in there were more to my budget. I picked the Alora glasses which are black/tortoise and I absolutely love them. 


Once I'd ordered the glasses it told me it'd take 7-10 days to arrive and it only took 8 (although got dispatched on the 7th day) so I'm very happy with that. On the same day I ordered them the glasses were in the lab having the lenses made/fitted. 


The prices were really good. You get a 2nd frame free with all orders from the essential and designer glasses. I didn't need a second pair, so you can get a 30% discount. At the time I ordered mine they were offering a 40% discount on frames, so I took that discount instead. My frames (£49) and lenses (£12) came to £61, but with my 40% discount, I got £19.60 off. Postage was £3.95, so altogether my order came to £45.35, which I was extremely happy about! From the many times I browsed Glasses Direct before making an order, it seemed like they frequently have discounts on, so be sure to look out for them! 


My glasses arrived on the 8th day and I was SO excited to receive them. The only slightly annoying thing is you don't get a tracking number so you don't know roughly when they're coming. You only get told once it's been delivered or if it was attempted to be delivered. Anyway, that was the only minor downside as I like to track my parcels and know roughly when they will arrive. 


With your glasses order you get a case and cloth, which if you don't have one will be handy. I have my Wrendale one (pictured in the first photo) which I absolutely love but it's handy to have a spare.


Overall I'm very happy with my new glasses. I've been wearing them most of the time and my headaches have eased so much and I can actually see in the distance. Without glasses I can't see far at all, so I'm happy to have glasses I actually like and that are the right glasses for my eyes. I'm very happy with the service of Glasses Direct and have already recommended them to people. The glasses are great quality and I'll definitely order from them again. I already want to get the sunglass version of my glasses soon in time for summer.


Have you ordered from Glasses Direct before?


Instagram | Twitter



Comments

  1. I'd never heard of glasses direct, but they sound great! It's such a good idea to be able to trial out glasses before committing to buy. I hate in-person shopping and trying things on, so this is a lifesaver! x

    mia // https://miasdiyprojects.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them. I hate it too, it really is!x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts