2021

 2021



Hello 2022! 

While 2021 was a confusing, uncertain and weird year, I thought I'd look at the positive side of things and have a look back at the positives/highlights of my year. 2021 had some ups and downs for me, but it was also a year I fought against my anxiety, came out of my shell, tried new things, did new things and focused a bit more on myself and my future. 




january

Despite January not being the best start to a year, I tried to make it a good month regardless of everything going on.


 My boyfriend (Martin) and I started having date nights at home. We'd get dressed up, light some candles, cook a nice meal, drink some nice drinks and then have a movie and pamper night. It was relaxing and a nice thing to do! It's definitely something I want to bring into 2022. 


January was also full of lots of walks. After my brother (Olly) came out of hospital after having encephalitis, he wanted to walk all the time and explore places he couldn't remember. We were going on a lot of walks and it was really nice to just get out of the house in the fresh air.




february

While the rest of the country was getting heaps of snow, we only got a small amount, which was still very exciting. We haven't had a huge amount of snow down south in years so any amount of snow makes me happy. During the time we were getting a small amount of snow, my brother and I went on a bike ride. I forgot how much I loved cycling and I had missed my bike! 


In February, Flopsy turned 2! I can't believe my lil bunny is 2 years old (3 next month). We had a little photo shoot with her and got her some balloons and she loved them.



march

March wasn't full of a lot of interesting things, however Spring arrived and it's one of my favourite seasons because of the blossom, daffodils etc. I went on a blossom tree hunt to see how many were around my local area and took Flopsy in her stroller too.




april

April was a big month for me because it was the start of my fitness journey that I haven't given up on. Usually, whenever I start a new fitness journey, I give up within a week or so, but this time is different. During the start of my fitness journey, Martin and I signed up to join a Bootcamp. BCUK have different locations around the country and up until Martin told me about it, I'd never even heard of it before. 

If you had told me at the start of 2021 that I would be going to Bootcamp and working out, outside, with lots of other people, I would've said absolutely not. I was so anxious about going the whole day. We arrived and I was getting more and more anxious by the second. Every time we went I would panic, but now I'm much more relaxed. Everyone there is so nice, friendly, welcoming and supportive that I never get anxious going there anymore. I can definitely feel a difference in my strength and energy levels since going and it's one of the best things I've ever done and I love being apart of it.


In April we got our new little baby bunny, Benji (short for Benjamin but we never call him that anymore). Benji is a little lionhead and is such a cutie, despite him wanting to chew anything and everything. From the moment we brought him home, he was so cuddly, confident and calm around us. The first day we brought him home he flopped out on the bed next to Martin!




may

In May, I introduced Flopsy and Benji. Flopsy had one previous brother she spent lots of time with. Unfortunately Oz passed away in February 2021 and Flopsy and Oz adored each other. We were hoping Flopsy would get along with Benji and vice versa. Flopsy and Benji loved each other from the start. They're both so kind, calm and loving with each other and it makes me so happy. I've never had to bond Flopsy with another bunny (thankfully) as they've always taken to one another instantly. I'm very lucky in that the bunnies I've got are so nice to one another and have never had a fight/disliking to each other. I know lots of people have to bond their bunnies and so far I've never had to do that. They are never left unsupervised together and I'm hoping soon I can bond them so they can be together 24/7.


Just like when I joined Bootcamp in April, Martin and I joined a gym and it's something I never thought I'd do nor have the confidence to step into. I love the gym. We joined PureGym and it's really good. Has lots of equipment and you can check when it's busy/quiet on the app and we like going when it's quiet so thats really helpful for when my anxiety isn't good. We haven't been to the gym since October, due to being ill, going on holiday and mostly sticking to Bootcamp so we have stopped out membership, however in the New Year we're considering trying a different gym to see what that is like. I just cannot wait to get back in the gym!


Martin and I went to the cinema to watch Peter Rabbit 2. I love Peter Rabbit and have done my whole life (hence why both my bunnies are named after rabbits in Peter Rabbit) so I couldn't wait to see the second. I hadn't been to the cinema in yearssss and I loved the atmosphere of going there. We went to the Showcase De Lux cinema in Southampton and the seats were SO comfy, we had foot rests and it was great. I definitely want to go back to the cinema at some point, but I'm not too sure on what to watch. 




june

In June I started to see body changes which was good. Clothes started fitting me better and clothes that didn't fit me before, did. It was definitely a confidence boost! Now it's slowed down a little and I'm not losing as quickly as I was before, but I'm still losing. 


One fun thing I did was go to play mini golf with my family and Martin. I love mini golf but hadn't been in years and it was so much fun.




july

July consisted of more date nights, but by this point restaurants were opening up indoors, so Martin and I started going out to eat. This was also around the time the Euro's on, so we'd come back and watch England play.




august

August was my birthday month and I turned 24! I love going for days out on my birthday so my family and I went to Longleat. I love going to Longleat. The last time I went I wanted to brave it and go in the bird enclosure to feed them, however it was closed. This time on the other hand, it was open and I was adamant I was going in and I did. It was so much fun! 




september

In September Martin and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. We got dressed up, skipped Bootcamp and went out for dinner. It was a lovely anniversary!




october

October means Halloween, so Martin and I went pumpkin picking. I hadn't been pumpkin in a couple of years and Martin had never been pumpkin picking, so I was very excited. We picked 4 big pumpkins and 2 lil pumpkins. 


Then at the end of October I carved 3 of the big pumpkins and a little one I'd bought from the co-op before I went pumpkin picking. I always have so much fun carving pumpkins and thoroughly enjoyed it.




november

November was the month Martin and I went on our first holiday together. We went to Cornwall and had such a lovely time. I uploaded a post (here) all about it and shared lots of photos. 




december

The final month of the year, December. December makes me happy because it's festive and I love decorations, lights, sparkle and anything Christmassy. We got the decorations up and I love everywhere looking festive. Coming home to a christmassy house at the end of the day is my absolute favourite.


Martin and I went to support the Bootcamp boxing charity event for Mind. Again, it's something I never thought I'd do, however we really wanted to go watch it and 6 people from BCUK Fareham were boxing so we wanted to support them. It was so much fun and a really good night. It was our first year at that event and we're definitely going to go in 2022! 


What were some highlights/positive moments in your 2021?


Instagram | Twitter




Comments

  1. Loved reading this post. Super interesting!
    How cute is your bunny. Happy 2022!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this roundup! I hope you had a great xmas and new year! <3

    lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did thank you, I hope you had a great christmas and new year!<3

      Delete
  3. Lovely round-up of the year! I'm looking forward to 2022 - lots to be hopeful and grateful for. x

    Zoey | www.zoeyolivia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh you had a fabulous year and I'm so glad you saw so many good changes! I remember reading your Cornwall post and was so jealous, just can't wait to explore the UK. a bit more this year! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cornwall is a place you need to visit! Exploring the UK will be nice xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts