Illamasqua Movement Artistry Palette + swatches

 illamasqua movement artistry palette + swatches

Buying high end products isn't something I do very often anymore. I tend to stick to drugstore items for some reason, despite having a long list of high end products on my wish list. About a month ago I went online makeup browsing, not planning on buying anything and came across the Illamasqua Movement Artistry palette and really wanted to try it. Illamasqua has been a brand that I've wanted to try for a long time. Honestly, I bought this palette on a whim, which could've been a mistake considering it was £38, however it was a great decision. 


The palette is a cool, unique shape. It's cardboard and magnetic, but feels like a really good quality palette. It's matte black, but on the outside of the lid, it's got a like crushed shade picture, which I think is pretty cool. On the inside of the lid, there is a mirror, which is great for travelling. 


Altogether there are 12 matte and shimmer shades. 5 shades are matte and 7 shades are shimmers. The shade range is good, however I do wish there were a couple of different matte shades. I love that this palette is perfect for autumn and winter. The shades are all pigmented, are easy to blend and are long lasting. 


The shades do have names, however there is a clear sheet above them with the names on and they're not on the palette itself. 

Top row: left to right

Beauty - brick brown matte

Hope - coral pink shimmer

Truth - matte bisque hue 

Inclusivity - champagne shimmer

Compassion - dark lavender matte

Equality - mint green shimmer


Bottom row: left to right

Heritage - pink copper shimmer

Movement - peach satin

Understanding - rust copper shimmer

Artistic - ivory matte

Non-Conformist - violet glitter

Expressive - matte pine green


I think I definitely prefer the shimmer shades and my favourites are Hope, Equality, Heritage, Movement and Non-Conformist. I can't wait to play around with the shades more and create some different looks with them. I haven't seemed to create an entire look using the shades just from this palette due to the matte shades not being exactly the ones I want, however I'm going to try and create a look using only this palette. 


Top row (from top to bottom): Beauty, Hope, Truth, Inclusitivy, Compassion and Equality.




Bottom row (top to bottom): Heritage, Movement, Understanding, Artistic, Non-Conformist and Expressive.


Overall, I am impressed with this palette and definitely want to try more from Illamasqua. Do you have any recommendations from Illamasqua? 


Instagram | YouTube | Twitter


Comments

  1. I have heard so many good things about this brand, but I'm yet to try it. I love the look of this palette though, it's so pretty xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything from the brand but I recently ordered their hydra veil primer and cream blush and I'm keen to try them out. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful palette! The shade "non-conformist" instantly caught my eye. It's such a lovely pink! Thank you for sharing.
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that beautiful shades! I haven't tried any from Illamasqua though because it's so expensive here in Malaysia. I have to think twice (maybe more) before buying from this brand xx

    lenne | lennezulkiflly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh it sucks that it's so expensive in Malaysia!xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts