September

 September

September felt like it went on forever, but I wouldn't say it was a bad thing. I've been preparing and planning autumnal posts and redecorating my room to make it all cosy. 

animal park 

Animal Park is a tv show that seems to have been on for a long time, however I hadn't heard about it until last month. It's a documentary about Longleat Safari Park. I love Longleat, so I was so excited to watch this show. It's so interesting and I love learning about the different animals they have there which I've seen in person many times. I've learnt so much about these animals that I didn't know before. 


very jeans

Getting a black pair of jeans was something I needed to do for a while and I can't believe I went so long without a pair. I hadn't had a black pair since last year. My blue ripped jeans (aka my favourite jeans ever) are from Very, so I went to them again to find a black pair. I chose the Ella High Waisted Open Rips Skinny Jeans and I always opt for jeans with rips in. I love high waisted jeans and I love the amount of rips that are in the jeans. They're a good length and don't bunch up at the bottom, which I'm very happy about! They fit so well and have belt hoops, which is always important for me. These jeans are great quality, they fit so nicely and I love them.

journaling

Journaling is something I've loved for a while, however I've loved the form of bullet journaling and I love getting creative with that. For my birthday back in August I got a Wrendale gratitude journal and I absolutely love it. Wrendale is my favourite brand and they have the most beautiful illustrations on every page. I have been writing down my thoughts and emotions and what I've done that day, pretty much every day since the day after my birthday, a little over a month ago. I love looking back already and seeing what I've written, so I'm looking forward to reading it all back in like a year or so. On every 2 pages, theres a little section for "today's list" and on the other page every 2 days, theres little things you can fill in, like "one great thing about today...", "today I am grateful for...", "one thing that made me smile today..." and 12 more different things that repeat throughout. On every 18 pages or so, theres a section where you can add photos and/or sketches and drawings. I love doing little drawings on these. 

my room 

My room has been something that I've wanted to redecorate for a while, but I didn't have the motivation for until now. My room hasn't been decorated in about 7 years so I was definitely in need of a change. My room had 3 white walls and one wall with floral wallpaper (which I absolutely loved). The wallpaper was starting to look weird and old to be honest and I was sad to take it down. Little did I know that these other 3 white walls were actually wallpaper too, so my boyfriend and I spent all weekend taking it all off. During the week when he was at work, I finished the last bit of wallpaper removal and filled holes in and patched things up with filler, so the next weekend we could paint. He sanded the filler, we prepped the walls using sugar soap and painted it pink and oh my goodness, I love it. 


I wanted to paint it something different other than white. My room was originally pink when I moved in 13 years ago and I didn't really like it back then, so my mum painted it baby blue. I then had it red and white and then just white with one wall having floral wallpaper. I love pink so I was very set on having it that colour and I love it. This wasn't my first choice of pink and the colour I originally really loved (Middleton Pink) was far too expensive for my liking, so I went with Homebase's Angel Pink and I really like it. 


This paint has such good coverage, I am so impressed. I had never painted my room before as my parents had always done it for me when I was at school or college, but I had so much fun. Using a roller was a lot of fun and so quick to do. I also changed my room around and I'm so excited to finish it. I've just got to put some new shelves in, get lots of décor bits to make it cosier and I'll be near enough finished, so I'm very excited about that. Once I've finished I'm sure I'll be writing a blogpost about it. 


(this Chanel print is from a previous post (here) you can use my discount code: emjbarker25 for 25% off your order at Photowall).


Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit | Pinterest | 21 Buttons

Comments

  1. Love that decor from Photowall :) I need to get back into journaling - it is such a great way to get out thoughts!
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photographs are so lovely! I really enjoyed this article :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love animal park! It's so lovely to watch along with the animals and get to know them before or after you visit Longleat. It makes visiting all the more special! I really enjoyed the newest series.
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts