My favourite lipsticks for autumn/winter + swatches

my favourite lipsticks for autumn/winter + swatches

When it comes to lipsticks, at the moment I've been using my favourite Colourpop x Becky G 'Mija' satin liquid lipstick. With autumn here and winter being next, I'm excited to start changing up my lipsticks. During the spring/summer I wore Mija, pinks and glosses a lot, but I want to change it up to some darker and different ones for the colder seasons.


revolution
I have a couple of favourites that I'm excited to wear. The Revolution Pro Matte Lipstick in the shade 'Inconspicuous' is the perfect red for me. Wearing red lipstick is something I do all year round, however it feels very autumnal and wintery to me too. I love pairing this with brown eyeshadows. This lipstick isn't drying either, which is obviously great for this time of year.

The only regular lipstick I have here is the Revolution x Soph lipstick in the shade 'Syrup'. This is a very moisturising lipstick, a beautiful brown shade and is perfect for any look, but I'm excited to create some autumnal looks with this. 


colourpop
When I got the Colourpop x Becky G collection, I knew there was going to be darker lipsticks that will be perfect for this time of the year, but little did I know that 4 out of 5 shades would look a lot darker on me than I realised. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing because I have 4 other shades to create autumnal and wintery looks with. 

Secreto is a dusty terracotta matte shade, Chola is a deep red brown satin shade, Besame is a candy red matte shade and Flor is a burnt sienna matte shade. Flor is one I especially love wearing at this time of the year, along with Besame.

I don't find these lipsticks drying and I always scrub and prep my lips with lip balm beforehand to prevent dryness anyway.


nyx 
Both of these NYX shades are ones I've had for years, however I now tend to wear them during the autumn and winter time. 

The Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in the shade 'Sandstorm' is one I absolutely love and used to wear all the time. This was my go-to lipstick, but then I kind of ditched it for newer lipsticks I bought. I like adding this into my autumnal/wintery go-to products mostly nowadays. It's a lovely nude, isn't drying whatsoever and looks lovely with brown and golden eyeshadows. 

A darker lipstick is the Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in the shade 'Beauty Mark'. This lipstick will feel so drying if I put it on without prepping my lips first, so I always make sure to scrub my lips and apply lip balm first. The shade is very dark on me and is described as a chocolatey brown, however I feel like it's very autumnal.


sleek
A lipstick I'm surprised I'm bringing into my autumn and winter looks, is Sleek's Matte Me Metallic Liquid lipstick in 'Roman Copper'. I always thought of this shade to be summery/festival like because of the metallic side, however I thought it might be fun to play around with during this time of the year. Due to this lipstick being metallic, I don't want to add too much shimmer, so a matte brown eyeshadow will go really well with this. 


swatches

(from top to bottom): Syrup, Inconspicuous, Roman Copper, Flor, Chola, Secreto, Besame, Beauty Mark & Sandstorm.

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit | Pinterest | 21 Buttons





 

Comments

  1. I love these colors - so perfect for fall! :) Too bad I'm too pale to really look good in many of these shades haha...
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try some of the Colourpop liquid lipsticks - they're all such gorgeous colours and I have heard that the formula is just as lovely. Can't wait to start wearing more berry shades and reds.
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good, I really recommend them!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colours, perfect for the autumn!
    Antonia | antoniaconduah.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts