My top 7 highlighters in my collection + swatches

My top 7 highlighters in my collection + swatches

 Highlighting is one of my favourite parts about doing my makeup. It's also one of my favourite items to buy. I have a growing collection of highlighters, however today I'm going to share 7 of them.


colourpop x becky g
Two loose highlighters I absolutely love are Colourpop x Becky G Luster Duster Loose Highlighters in 'Princesa' and 'Chisme'. Although I love them both, 'Chisme' is the one I find myself wearing more often. These are the first and only loose highlighters I own at the moment and I definitely want to try more. These are easier to apply than I ever thought they would be. When I first got them, I just presumed they'd be super messy, but they're really not. What I like about these is that they're very pretty and quite glittery. You can layer them over other highlighters for extra sparkle or simply wear them on their own. These are long lasting and will look perfect for a day or night look.


elf

The ELF x Heart Defensor Highlighter Duo is one of my most used highlighters in my collection. The shade on the left is 'Coffee', which is a lovely rose-gold shade. It looks darker in the pan than on my face. 'Cream' is on the right, which is a lovely shade and it's my favourite one out of the two. The pigmentation is great, so I don't tend to use a lot when I apply it and also, a good amount comes out on my brush. It feels soft and creamy and looks so smooth once applied. It also stays put once it's on and lasts throughout the day and night.


too faced

My absolute favourite highlighter ever, has to be the Too Faced Love Light Prismatic Highlighter in the shade 'Blinded By The Light', which is a beautiful gleaming silver. The formula is a creamy/buttery formula that applies so nicely. I love how sparkly this highlighter is and also how buildable it is, even though it's pigmented. This is also a really long lasting highlighter. 


sleek

A highlighter palette I love is the Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette. This palette contains four highlighters, with a mix of three formulas. Ecliptic is a rosy pink cream, Hemisphere is a lavender baked powder, Equinox is a light peach baked powder and Subsolar is a yellowy powder. All shades look slightly similar when on, but they're all still so pretty.


revolution

A highlighter trio I love is the Revolution Beyond Radiance Highlighter palette. All three shades are so pretty and so pigmented. These don't have names so I can't describe whats what, however I'll just go along from left to right. I use the first shade (left) for the inner corner of my eyes and brow bone, the second shade (middle) for the inner corner of my eyes, brow bone, cheeks and nose and the third shade (right) as an eyeshadow sometimes. I love how long lasting these highlighters are. 


nyx

The last favourite I have, is the only liquid highlighter I own. I've been loving the NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in the shade Sunbeam for years. I've not ran out of this yet because only a bit goes a long way, so a tube will last you for a long time. The formula of this is interesting because when I first got it, I expected it to be super runny, however it's not, it's got a good consistency. It's easy to blend in with your fingers or a beauty blender. One thing I like is that you can wear it on it's own or with a powder highlighter over it. 

swatches


(from top to bottom) 1, 2 + 3 - Revolution, 4, 5, 6 + 7  - Sleek, 8 + 9 - Colourpop's 'Princesa' + 'Chisme', 10 - Too Faced, 11 + 12 - ELF, 13 - NYX


Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit | Pinterest


Comments

  1. These photos look gorgeous and I love the shimmer to these. I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup while being at home a lot. I like that these are cruelty-free and I have purchased some eyeshadows that are vegan too. Thanks for sharing and the support on my blog.
    Laila
    www.lailanblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I only buy cruelty-free makeup. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. All of these look so pretty! I love Sleek highlighters, the little palettes are so good. Those swatches are stunning xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like great highlighters! :)
    Jenna ♥
    Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove the too faced highlighter!

    Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The too faced one looks incredible. Now, I've got my eyes on it!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it! They have 3 beautiful shades!

      Delete
  6. I remember when everyone went mad for the Sleek highlighting pallet! It's good to see that it is still a firm fav in your collection. My everyday highlighter is Mac Soft and Gentle - if you love a rosey, subtle shimmer, you will love that one too! x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's what got me to buy it! Oo that sounds pretty!x

      Delete
  7. These photos are so beaut and I loveeee the look of that Too Faced Highlighter, definitely adding that to my wishlist!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makeup revolution has so many awesome highlighters. The variety is literally endless!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts