Makeup of the day

I haven't done a makeup look post since December 2018, so this is kinda strange sitting down and writing about a makeup look. Ever since a couple of years ago, I really cut back how much I wore makeup, so nowadays it's more fun playing around with makeup rather than it feeling like a chore. I kind of abandoned a lot of makeup that was once my favourite pieces, so I've been trying to use them again when I do wear makeup.

The other day I put on makeup and took some makeup and outfit photos because I'd been wanting to for a while. I didn't really plan a colourful eyeshadow look, so I went for something I hadn't done in a while. 

The first thing I always do in my makeup routine, is apply primer. I've gone through so many primers in the past, but one I really love is the Revolution Pro Radiant Peach Primer, which is a brightening primer. It's a great base, applies nicely, feels moisturising and makes my makeup go on nice and smoothly. The thing that kinda bugs me is that it does make my face orange. It's not a massive issue as I do cover it anyway, however for the first parts of my makeup YouTube videos, it looks a lil strange...

After my primer is all nicely blended in, I always use my Revolution Duo Brow Pencil. I'm not the biggest fan of this, but I also don't hate it, hence why I'm still using it until I run out. It's good in that it's pigmented, it lasts all day, it doesn't fade and doesn't smudge. I don't like how big the pencil is compared to others I've tried, it's just not my favourite to use. Until this has ran out I wont be buying another because although this was only £3, I don't want to waste it.

To neaten up and shape my brows after filling them in, I use my LA Girl Concealer. I then use the concealer on my eyelids as a base before applying eyeshadow. I put a little bit of powder over it, ready to start doing my eyeshadow. 

A palette I hadn't used in a while and wanted to play around with again was the Revolution x Soph Extra Spice Palette. This contains a nice mix of shades, however the three I used were 'Cookie Dough', 'Chocolate Orange' and 'Cheesecake' (in that order) above my crease. On my eyelids I used the Collection Glam Crystals Liquid Eyeshadow in 'Divine 2' and I had forgotten how much I love this. Despite the fact it transfers a little once I first put it on, it's a great eyeshadow. Once it's dried, it doesn't budge. I love the shade and how it looks with the three shades from the palette. 

MUA's Eye Define Felt Liner is my favourite eyeliner I've ever tried and my go-to when it comes to putting eyeliner on. I create flicks so easily with this liner. It applies smoothly, it's pigmented, it doesn't fade throughout the day and it stays put. 

After curling my eyelashes, I apply a layer of my Makeup Gallery mascara. I bought this on a whim and am yet to purchase another mascara, however I'm not in any rush as this mascara is quite good. It's got a thin wand, which I'm not really a fan of unless it's for bottom lashes. It separates my lashes quite well and makes them longer, however it doesn't hold the curl once I've curled them. One thing I really love about it, is that it doesn't transfer or smudge and that matters to me more than other things because I don't want a smudging, transferring mascara. 

The lashes I used are my absolute favourites, which are the Koko 'Amore' Lashes. These lashes are lightweight, but big and easy to apply using the Eylure Lash Glue. I love them. I blend my real and false lashes together with my mascara. 

Onto the face for now. The foundation I've been using and have on trial, is The Ordinary Coverage Foundation. So far, so good with this foundation. It has a pump and I apply it with my makeup brush. It applies nicely, however it isn't the best lasting foundation. Over my foundation, I use my Barry M Cream Contour Stick. It applies and blends in so nicely over The Ordinary foundation. 

I lightly put on my MUA Skin Define Loose Powder over my face before applying highlighter. The highlighter I started using more, is the Too Faced Love Light Highlighter in 'Blinded By The Light'. I LOVE this highlighter and how pretty and pigmented it looks. I applied it on my cheeks, nose, inner corner of my eyes and brow bone. Over that, on the cheeks and nose, I applied the Colourpop x Becky G 'Chisme' Loose Highlighter. It adds a bit more sparkle and looks so pretty.

To line my lips, I use the NYX Lip Pencil in 'Mauve' and then use the Colourpop x Becky G 'Mija' Ultra Satin Lipstick (aka my favourite ever) over that.

Lastly, to complete the eyes, I applied the shade 'Cheesecake' from the Extra Spice palette under my lash line and then applied mascara on my bottom lashes. 


And that is my complete look! I always have fun putting makeup on. I really want to play around with different makeup more and write more makeup blogposts as it's some I always used to do and I miss it!

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Reddit

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts