Dressing up in lockdown with Femme Luxe*



During lockdown, almost all of what I've been wearing is loungewear, however every now and then I've put on makeup and got dressed properly. I want to make more of an effort sometimes, y'know? Femme Luxe kindly sent me some clothes and I was excited to dress up and put makeup on. Two out of four items didn't fit, however I will be showing you the other items today. If you're unaware on what Femme Luxe is, it's an online clothing shop that sell a bunch of reasonably priced, good quality clothes. 


I am so happy with this Red Belted Bodycon Midi Dress and I have nothing else like it. This is a bit of a different dress for me and I think that's why I love it so much. I'm slowly adding more reds to my wardrobe and this was one I had to add to it. It's a lovely, sophisticated midi dress, that will be perfect for a date. I can't wait to wear this on my next date night with my boyfriend, even if it's at home. 

One little concern about this dress that I had before I tried it on, was that it was going to be too long because I am 5"1. I had nothing to worry about because it's a good length and I like it. 

This dress is a wrap dress, which I really love the look of. I love the belt detailing and the three quarter length puffy sleeves. Another thing that's great about this dress is you can have the sleeves on or off your shoulders. I love both looks, however my personal favourite has to be with the sleeves off the shoulders. I like that you can change it up and have either. 

The fabric feels nice and isn't too thick, nor is it too thin. It's not see-through and it's comfortable to wear. Because it is a bodycon dress and it's tight, I was worried I wouldn't get it over my wide hips, but thankfully it did and it's not too tight getting it on. Getting it off is a different story, but getting it on was easy.

I love this dress a lot and I can't wait to wear it more and try on different shoes and bags with it. Another thing that's great is that in the autumn and winter, I could still wear this dress with tights!


Crop tops are something I haven't worn out in years, but I absolutely love this Black Faux Suede Bardot Crop Top. It's probably my favourite crop top I own and I'm having fun styling it with skirts, jeans, different shoes and with jackets. 

The faux suede feels really nice and the top feels like good quality. It has two small straps on the shoulders, which are adjustable. What gives it an even nicer look, is the that there's also two frill elasticated straps that sit on your upper arm. I love the frills. 

On the back, it zips up and I love that. Zips on tops are my favourite for some reason because I just love how it looks. On the front, it has a sweetheart neckline, which shows a lot of cleavage, which I kinda like. There's also a tie at the front, which is a nice detail and if you're not comfortable with there being cleavage, you can kind of hide it with the tie.

I can't wait to wear it out more as it makes me feel comfortable, confident and secure. I don't feel like the top is going to move about, it stays in one place and that's something I like. 


Overall, I'm really happy with these pieces. I definitely recommend you check out Femme Luxe as their clothes are good quality and they have a lot to choose from. The only thing I have to say is their sizing is a tad strange, well in my case anyway. Out of the four items, I ordered them all in the same size and a dress wouldn't fit and the trousers wouldn't do up, however the dress and crop top fitted perfectly. Other than that, everything is perfect and great quality.

*(Disclaimer: these items were sent to me to by Femme Luxe to review. All opinions are 100% my own)



Comments

  1. Wow that red dress looks gorgeous on you! You really suit it xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pieces are so gorg! I love that red dress on you!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bodycon dress! You look amazing in red, it really suits you :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sizing sounds so strange! That red dress is gorgeous though, it looks gorgeous on you xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts