Meet Pip


Hamsters are something I've had a few of in the past, from dwarfs to Syrian hamsters and I love them. My last hamster passed away in 2018 and I was devastated. She was an adorable Syrian hamster and never ever bit me. I missed having a hamster around and in October 2019, my boyfriend and I decided to get our own fur baby together, a gorgeous Syrian hamster, who we named Pip. 

When we first saw Pip, he was asleep on his back and looked so comfy and cute, we had to have him. One thing I was 100% sure on when getting Pip, was that I was not getting a plastic cage. After my last hamster chewed her way out twice, it would just stress me out, so we went with a glass tank and not only do I find it more practical, but I also love how it looks. 

My brother took this when I brought Pip home and it's so cute. 

I was so excited to take him home and show my family. Every time I get a new pet, I'm always the most excited to show my brother because his face just lights up and he always has this big smile on his face. Although Pip bit him and wouldn't let go of his hand, they still love each other. 

Talking of biting, Pip bit so much when I first got him. Pip has bitten everyone in my house, but as of now, 7 months after getting him, he doesn't bite anyone except sometimes my boyfriend. Pip stopped biting me the quickest because I get him out every day and I think he knows who I am by my scent.

Look at those little paws!

He's the cutest, friendliest little baby. He lives in my room and because Syrian hamsters are nocturnal, he sleeps all day when I'm downstairs and when I come up for bed, he's awake and waiting for me to give him cuddles. One thing I was a little concerned was that he was going to be very loud, but thankfully, he's very quiet, his wheel is silent and the loudest he ever gets is when he's rearranging his cage and chewing wood.

I have a lot of photos of Pip, so I'm now going to bombard you with hamster photos. 


My mum is a photographer and wanted to do a photo shoot with Pip. He enjoyed it because he got treats and he basically used the mushroom prop as a little table.


I got him a wooden cottage and he absolutely loves to pull it apart every time I clean his cage and put it back together. Currently, he's pushed the roof off and taken a wall down. He always rearranges his cage how he wants it, which makes me feel so bad when I clean his cage because he looks at me like "what have you done, hooman".



He's the cutest lil hamster. I'm constantly putting photos of Pip on the hamster subreddit on Reddit and people seem to love how big his ears are (they are adorable).


He loves running around on my clothes that I need to put away.


I love having little photo shoots with him.


One thing I love is watching him stuff his cheeks. He only had a tiny bit of apple in these photos, but when I give him his regular food, he fills the pouches in his cheeks up and watching him empty them is so strange but so fascinating. 


He layed out under my boyfriend.







Comments

  1. These pictures are so so cute, I might be converted to getting a hamster of my own one day!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should, they're great pets!xx

      Delete
  2. He is so lovely! <3 I love rodents :) I am a gerbil mom lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest photos - I love his ears too!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so cute, nice to meet you Pip.
    Love its little hands.
    Kisses,
    E.
    http://www.withcapitale.com/2020/05/spring-green-dress.html
    https://www.instagram.com/withcapitaleofficial/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, his little hands are so cute, especially when he holds his food with them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts