April 2020 | & a little haul


April has been a bit of an up and down month for me. I've been highly anxious and my mood has been quite low. I've been put back on Vitamin D meds so my energy levels have been picked up a lot, which is a positive. I'm glad to have some energy back. Despite still being in lockdown, I've tried to do some things that keep me occupied. I've also decided to do a little haul at the end. 


During April, I went on a few walks, not a massive amount, but I walked to the beach a couple of times. I never really went to the beach before lockdown because as soon as there was a tiny bit of sun (even if it was freezing), it was always packed with people. Since we've been on lockdown, the beach is empty and only has a few people walking/running, so it's more fun for me because people make me anxious. It made me realise that I'm lucky to live a 10 minute walk from the beach. 


I also found some pretty trees outside my house that came out. It's weird going for walks around my area because I haven't done for years. I used to go on walks a bit more into the countryside, but since we're not allowed to drive to walk, I've obviously been walking locally and I've actually been enjoying it. 


One thing I loved doing was taking my bunny for a walk in her stroller, which I always love doing. She seems to enjoy herself and I enjoy going out with her and seeing her look about.


Just like most people, I've been baking a lot more. I've always enjoyed baking, but recently I've baked more than normal. I baked some shortbread biscuits and brownies. Baking with gluten free flour isn't always the easiest, but I try my best and I'm quite proud of how my brownies turned out.


Since being back on Vitamin D meds for the past month, I now feel like I've got more energy so I'm able to do some workouts in my living room. I'm starting off easy and I'm going to build it up every few weeks. So far I'm really enjoying it and am doing quite good. I can't wait to start building it up more. 


To add to my post, I thought I'd do a mini haul of a few things I recently bought from John Lewis.

I've wanted to go on a picnic for a really long time but I didn't have a picnic basket. I decided to purchase the Coastal Willow Wood Wicker 4 persons picnic basket, so I can look forward to using it after lockdown. For now, I'll have to use it in my garden, but its given me something to look forward to. I love how spacious it is inside and I love the blue and white stripes.

Along with the basket, I got a picnic rug. John Lewis have a lovely range of picnic rugs, however I went for the cheapest which is a nice blue picnic rug as I didn't want to spend a large amount of money on a rug. I actually really like it. It also has a handle you put around the rug when you roll it up again, which is great for carrying.

In attempt to cheer myself up a couple weeks ago, while I was ordering the picnic basket and rug, I came across this Wrendale mug. I love mugs and I have far too many, but I couldn't not buy this. Wrendale (aka my favourite brand) has so many lovely designs and I love that they have guinea pigs, rabbits and hamster designs on things. I thought this mug was perfect as I have a lop eared bunny, 2 guinea pigs and a hamster and all thats missing on this mug is a budgie.


Some other photos from April:


Easter photo shoot with my bunny!











Comments

  1. Some really gorgeous photos of your April. Hope you start feeling more full of energy very soon x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. thank you, my energy is coming up slowly, so hopefully soon it'll be even better x

      Delete
  2. That picnic basket is adorable, we've got one as well and can't wait for the time when we can finally use it again and go to the park xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is, isn't it? hopefully soon!xx

      Delete
  3. That's such a pretty mug! I wish I could take our bunny out in a stroller but he'd definitely jump out and chomp on some nearby weeds!!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, I love it! aww, the stroller I have (that I'll be uploading a blogpost on soon), has a harness attacher and a mesh zip up door so your bunny won't jump out :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts