Colourpop x Becky G collection | my first Colourpop experience

Buying something from Colourpop has been on my wish list for a long time, however I've never got round to it because ordering from America kinda puts me off with custom charges and the long shipping. When the Becky G collection with Colourpop was announced in November/December (I can't quite remember), I knew I needed it in my makeup collection. I didn't purchase the collection straight away due to the fact it's from America, however in April I decided to just buy it and see what ordering from Colourpop was really like. If you're unaware who Becky G is, she's a singer and actress, who I've been a fan of for years. 


Shipping
The whole collection itself is $67, however when I got it, it was on sale for $58. Colourpop offers free international shipping for orders over $50, but for shipping prices for under $50 there is a flat rate of $9.99. VAT is included within the order if you're from the UK, Canada, Mexico and China, which I think is really good as it gets delivered to your door. I payed $11.60 for VAT and altogether my order came to $69.60, which is £53 and I don't think thats bad at all. After purchasing and it being shipped, I did get charged £1.59 for trans fee and 50p for purch fee, which is basically nothing, however if you've ordering from Colourpop, be aware that they'll take a little bit of money out afterwards. 

I thought I was going to be waiting for ages for my order to be shipped and delivered, however I was extremely impressed with the shipping. It was dispatched very quickly and within a few days it was being flown to England and it arrived at my door exactly a week after I ordered it. My order was very easy to track, I didn't get any custom charges and I'm happy I didn't have to go anywhere to collect my parcel. I am highly impressed with the delivery as I'll admit, I was stressing a bit. I would 100% order from Colourpop again and I do have quite a long list. 


Collection
The names for each lipstick, highlighters and eyeshadows are all in Spanish, which I think is really cool. Everything from the packaging, to the products and the shades are beautiful. The collection altogether includes the Salvaje eyeshadow palette, 3 Ultra Matte lipsticks, 2 Ultra Satin lipsticks and 2 Luster Dust loose highlighters. If you don't want the whole collection, you can buy everything separately or some things together.


Salvaje eyeshadow palette ($18)
As soon as I saw the Salvaje palette, I got really excited about creating looks because these shades are stunning. The palette is cardboard, however its very sturdy and closes with a magnetic closure. The design of this palette on the lid (in and out) is so pretty and colourful. 

Mirrors in palettes are something I like having, so I'm happy this includes one as it makes it handy for on the go. The palette contains 12 eyeshadows, with a mix of 4 metallics and 8 mattes. 

Luna: matte pale peach
Cafecito: matte cool toned dark brown
Estrella: metallic pale champagne
Celosa: metallic rusty copper
Malbec: matte burnt brick red
Patrona: metallic coppery rose gold
Vibra: matte blackened teal
Sirena: matte peacock blue
Corona: metallic dirty yellow gold
Sangria: matte burgundy 
Caramelo: matte saddle brown
Lola: matte burnt tangerine 

All of the shades are very pigmented and buttery. The shades are easy to blend and they're long lasting, so overall I'm impressed with this palette. I have so many looks I want to create and I've had fun creating ones I've done so far. Some of my favourite shades are Celosa, Malbec, Patrona, Vibra, Sirena, Sangria and Lola. 

(top to bottom: Luna, Cafecito, Estrella, Celosa, Malbec, Patrona, Vibra, Sirena, Corona, Sangria, Caramelo & Lola)


Highlighters
Something that interested about the highlighters in this collection is that they're loose highlighters. I'd never tried loose highlighters before and I don't know why because these are easier to apply than I thought they'd be.

Both highlighters are very pretty and quite glittery. Despite getting these in my eye (which freaks me out), these are lovely for the inner corner of the eyes, brow bone and cheeks. You can layer over pressed highlighters for extra sparkle or wear them by themselves. I love how long lasting these are, which makes them perfect for all-day wear. Both are absolutely beautiful, however out of the 2, Chisme is the one I've found myself wearing the most.

Chisme: champagne gold
Princesa: duo chrome pink-pale gold

(top to bottom: Chisme, Princesa)


Lipsticks ($7 each)
Liquid lipsticks are one of my favourite types of lipsticks to buy, so I was excited to find out the collection included all 5. I am highly impressed with these lipsticks and how easy they are to apply. I've tried liquid lipsticks from many different brands and I can easily say Colourpop has become my favourite. 

The formula of these lipsticks are insane. Every shade is very pigmented and you literally only need one layer. The lipsticks are so pigmented and easy to apply. These dry very quickly and they don't make your lips feel dry whatsoever. These are very long lasting. I do feel like the colours look darker on than what they do in the tube, however they're still so nice. 

Secreto: dusty terracotta (matte)
Mija: rosy nude (satin)
Chola: deep red brown (satin)
Besame: candy red (matte)
Flor: burnt Sienna (matte)

My favourite shades are Mija (my most used), Besame and Secreto. Chola is a lovely shade, however its very dark and will be really nice in the autumn. Flor is a lovely shade that I've tried on, but am yet to create a look with.

(top to bottom: Mija, Secreto, Flor, Besame, Chola)

And thats my overall thoughts on the Colourpop x Becky G collection and my first Colourpop experience. Have you tried any of this collection or any of the other Becky G collection with Colourpop? Whats your favourite Colourpop products you'd recommend? 


Comments

  1. Pigmentation of the shadows looks so good! And those blue colours look lovely too x
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Colorpop for the first time this year too, with the Zoella collab and I was SO impressed with the eyeshadows in particular! They're more pigmented than my Naked palette and last so long as you said

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Zoella collection looks amazing! i get what you mean, I definitely prefer this colourpop palette to my naked palette!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts