Maluma | FAME Tour, London


If you follow me on social media, you're probably already sick of my Maluma posts. Since I like to document/write about things I've done on my blog and YouTube, I'm uploading a post and short video on my YouTube channel and then I'll stop talking about the Maluma concert...maybe. A warning in advance that this post might be a bit of a ramble and picture heavy.


On Thursday the 27th of September, I went to Wembley's SSE Arena to see Maluma on his FAME Tour. I'm a huge Maluma fan, but I had never been to one of his concerts before, nor to the SSE Arena, so this was a different experience for me. The only two concerts I'd been to before this, were both Justin Bieber concerts at the O2. The SSE Arena was where I was supposed to see Daddy Yankee at the beginning of August (but he cancelled his only UK show) and truthfully, before that as far as I remember, I wasn't actually aware that there was an SSE Arena at Wembley. Clearly I've been living under a rock because I just thought the stadium was there. 


My Dad took me to the concert and he had no idea who Maluma was, nor does he understand Spanish, however he said he enjoyed it, which I'm happy about because it was also the first concert he's been to. We arrived at the SSE Arena after sitting in a bit of London traffic and arrived between 5:30-6pm, but thankfully we didn't have to queue to get into the arena. We walked straight up to the doors, went through security and voila, we were in and it was quick and easy. 

I booked the seats over a month ago and to be honest, I had no idea how close/far the stage would look. We were closer than I expected and not as high up as I expected, which was good. I'm not scared of heights, but both times I've been to the O2, I was pretty high up and quite far from the stage, so this was a good seat. 


I think we sat around for an hour and a half, maybe more or so until the opening acts came on. The opening acts were Natalia and Esther, who were really good. Natalia did the Dj'ing and Esther played the violin to some songs, which was unique and I'd never seen someone play the violin mixed with the sort of songs they played. They kind of did mashups/remixes to songs like Te BotĆ©, Sin Pijama, 1,2,3, Mi Gente, Hips Don't Lie, One Kiss and a few other songs, which I really enjoyed.

Between them finishing and Maluma coming on, the arena was playing other songs in between. Singing along to Te BotĆ© and Sensualidad with the entire arena was something I really enjoyed. 


At just gone 9, after a short movie intro, I'd call it, Maluma came on. These giant doors opened at the back of the stage and he came up on this stand (you can kinda see in the photo above). At one part in the concert he also went around over the audience (I don't know how to describe it, but you can see in the photo below).


The whole vibe was amazing and I absolutely loved it. Maluma sang some of my favourite songs like Me Llamas, Mala MĆ­a, CorazĆ³n, Vente Pa' Ca, Felices Los 4, El PrĆ©stamo, Hangover, Marinero, Delincuente, Bella, X, GPS, Carnaval, Clandestino and Chantaje. 

Overall it was one of the best nights of my life and a great experience. Getting in and out of Wembley (and the car park) was quick and easy, I sang so much and so loud that my throat still hurts, Maluma looked so happy from start to finish, my Dad enjoyed it and I came out loving Maluma more than I did when I went in. I also think I've transitioned my Dad into a new Maluma fan!




Comments

Popular Posts