Concert makeup look

Creating makeup looks for concerts is something I really enjoy. I originally created this makeup look when I was trying the red shade from my Revolution glitter palette and I decided this was going to be the makeup look I use when I go to see Maluma tomorrow. 

I don't usually wear a full face of makeup anymore, so I really enjoy playing around with makeup and this look has inspired me to wear a full face of makeup more often.


The first thing I do is prime my face using my Barry M Flawless Original Primer. I really like this primer and I like to apply it first to let it sink in while I do the rest of my makeup.

I always start with my NYX Micro Brow Pencil just incase it goes wrong then I can just wipe it off and it doesn't matter. I love using this brow pencil because its just quick and easy to use. To neaten my eyebrows and shape them a bit better, I use my LA Girl Pro Concealer. This concealer helps hugely when I feel like my eyebrows are a little messy. 

Priming my eyelids is something I have to do, except I don't use an actual primer because I use my LA Girl Pro concealer. Using a concealer works very well instead, so I've been using this technique for a few years. Over the concealer I use my MUA Matte Loose Powder and then I'm ready to apply lashes.


For my eyes I'm using two eyeshadow palettes. The first one is the Bh Cosmetics x Carli Bybel Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette. From this palette I'm using two shades; the first being a lighter shade above my crease and the second being a darker shade on the outer corner of my eye and crease. Although these shades are pigmented, I like to build them up.

Because I'm using a very glittery eyeshadow, I use the Revolution Glitter Glue and then apply 'Fire' from the Revolution 'Hot Pursuit' Pressed Glitter Palette. I do find this a little difficult to apply because I'm not the best at applying glitters like this. Its a very pretty shade and I thought I'd use this for the concert as its something different to what I've worn before.

Over the eyeshadow, I use my MUA Eye Define Felt Liner. I love that a felt eyeliner applies over the glitter shadows. Before applying fake lashes, I curl my lashes and apply my Barry M Showgirl Extra Volumising Mascara and then I'll use my Ardell Demi Wispies.


Now onto my face makeup. I'm using my Collection Green Colour Correcting Concealer. This reduces redness and works very well. Over that I use my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. The two work well together and cover a lot of my spots. 

The foundation I'm using and always use, is my Barry M Flawless Finish Foundation and for contour I use my Barry M Chisel Cheeks Cream Contour stick to contour my cheeks, nose and forehead. This is a really good contour products and is very easy to blend in.

The highlighter I'm using is my Too Faced Love Light Prismatic Highlighter in the shade Blinded By The Light. I like to use this above where I contoured on my cheeks, my nose, inner corner of my eyes and on my brow bone. This highlighter is buildable and is very pretty.


Back onto my eyes quick. I use my Barry M Showgirl Mascara again to coat my bottom lashes and to also blend my top lashes in with my false lashes, although my natural lashes tend to drop and they don't end up looking blended in.

Lastly, for the lips. I always use my LUSH Lip Scrub first to prep my lips and then apply lip balm, so when I go to use my lip products, my lips are soft and ready to apply lipstick. The lipstick I'm using is my NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in the shade Sandstorm. This is my favourite lipstick and lasts for hours without eating or drinking, so I think it would be great for a concert. 

I am undecided on whether I'm going to wear lipgloss over the lipstick and I'm sure I'll decide at the last minute tomorrow, however if I choose to, I'll use my Revolution Lipgloss in the shade Bare All. This goes over the NYX lipstick really nicely and stays looking shiny for a good amount of time.


Comments

  1. Hi lovely, I couldn't read your whole post as your post is covered in photos from the sidebar. I bet it's a super pretty makeup look though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I don't know what happened but its not doing it on my screen. Thank you xx

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful products. I really like Too Faces highlighter. It is so beautiful.

    Blog - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48JZd0Gbj0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts