Trying something new | Sleek Matte Me Metallic Lip Cream


Metallic lipsticks are something I've wanted to try for ages and hadn't done up until recently. I got this lip cream in a set with the Sleek Solstice Highlighter Palette and truthfully, I hadn't used this lip cream that much up until the spring started. I've been using this a lot now and so far, so good. 

Since I had never tried a metallic lipstick before, I wasn't too sure on what eyeshadows to use with it because I tend to use gold/copper shades. Because this lipstick is in the shade Roman Copper, I didn't want to be too coppery, y'know?


The packaging is a simple, square tube (which FYI: is very good for when you take flat lay photos as its one less thing to blu-tack). It has the usual doe-foot applicator like a lot of lip products, but I find it extremely easy to apply with. I'm unsure what lipliner to wear with it, so at the moment I've just been applying it by itself.

Before I apply this, I like to use my LUSH Lip Scrub to prep my lips as I feel like this could be quite drying otherwise. I like to use the scrub and apply lip balm before I'm ready to apply the lipstick. I don't find this product to be drying after I've prepped my lips and its very comfortable to wear. I have to apply two layers, but it dries fairly quickly and dries matte.


The formula is really good as its pigmented and has a good consistency. Its a little watery, but it still works well. The applicator picks up a lot of product, so I managed to apply a good amount to my entire lips before having to get more product out.

The shade is Roman Copper (which I mentioned at the beginning) and I love this shade. I did think this would look nice over regular lipsticks, but I tried it over my NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick and it doesn't go on nicely or dry well whatsoever. On its own, it lasted for a good few hours on, it didn't flake at all and it took a lot of work to remove.


I'm highly impressed with this lip product. For £4.99 this is great and would look lovely for this time of the year and for festivals. I definitely want to try more metallic lip shades, whether they're from Sleek or not. I just love the look of metallic lipsticks.

Do you like metallic lipsticks?

Comments

  1. Ooh this is such a pretty shade, I love it xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful post from you and something new for me too! I love sleek as a brand because of the affordability and general quality of their products and I own a couple of matte me lipsticks, but not any metallic ones. I love the look of this shade, it's beautiful, and the pigmentation is spot on. Definite buy for me! x
    Marina Rosie x
    https://marinawriteslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'd like to try some of their normal matte lipsticks after trying this metallic one. I've only tried a couple of their products, but both are great. Its a lovely shade!x

      Delete
  3. This lipstick looks so beautiful! I usually prefer creme finishes and have never tried a metallic. Lip scrubs are a must for me, too, although I typically just diy them. Thanks for sharing and have a fantastic day!
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never diy'd a lip scrub before but its something I'd like to try. Thank you for reading. You too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts