My camera journey through the years


Cameras have been something I've owned since I was around 7/8 years old. I've always been into taking photos of places I've been to. I'm not the best when it comes to speaking about cameras as I pretty much just know the basics. I have 5 cameras here and I thought it'd be interesting to look back from my first camera to my current one. Just a little warning: this blogpost is very photo heavy.


My first camera was the Polaroid PDC 3080 and I got this when I was 7/8. This camera is quite chunky and has a teeny square screen. I quite like the shape of this camera, its just different to all of my others. I used to take this everywhere with me. The photos I have taken from it aren't the clearest because it has 3.2 megapixels, but I still have loads in a photo album somewhere. The only thing about this camera I've never been so keen on, is that it doesn't have a chargeable battery.


The second camera I got was my Canon Powershot A800 and I got this for my 14th birthday. Its a 10 megapixel camera, but the photos look really quite clear. This doesn't have one of those chargeable block batteries, y'know the ones that most cameras have? I have no idea how to describe it/what they're called. This camera had the rechargeable batteries that look like the AA batteries or something. Gosh, this has turned into a confusing battery chat... Anyway, I used to love taking photos on this camera. I could possibly use this as a vlog camera because it records videos and is a good size to carry around. I just don't know if it records in HD.


The only Fujifilm camera I've ever owned is the Fujifilm Finepix L55. I really like this camera; its a good size, has a rechargeable battery and is 12 megapixels. I used this for quite a while, but I'm not too sure whether you can film on this camera. Its a good camera, the photos are really clear and its simple to use.


I used to use my Canon Powershot SX500 IS when I started posting blogposts and YouTube videos. You can do a lot on this camera. With 16 megapixels, this camera takes very clear photos and videos in HD (720p). I like how far you can zoom. Although its not super clear when you zoom in, you can get some good closeups. There are a bunch of different modes/features you can do on this camera. Fisheye, miniature, toy camera, monochrome, super vivid and poster effects are the effects you can use. I used to love using this fisheye effect. Also, back when Instagram only allowed you to have square photos, I used to use this camera and put it on 1:1 so it'd take all my photos in square, which was very helpful. I still use this camera sometimes and I think it'd be good for vlogging.


Lastly, for my current camera and the one I use for my blog photos and YouTube videos. This is the Canon 700D and I got this for my 18th birthday. I've always been into photography and it was a dream to own a DSLR. This has 18 megapixels and takes really good quality photos and videos in HD (1080p). It has the flip out screen, which is touch screen and helps me hugely when filming YouTube videos. After almost 3 years of owning the camera, I recently started using manual mode. I now only use the manual mode to take my blog photos and while I'm still learning, I'm glad I started learning more about my camera. 



And thats my camera journey. From the age of 7/8 up until now (20). I've always loved taking photos of places I've been to and now I love taking photos of other things like makeup. 

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. The canon cameras look so amazing! For so long I used my Ipad to take blog photos and I grew and adapted so much on that one device, for over a year I've been using my new phone which has a crazy good camera quality and I've been so happy with it - I do hope to one day get a fancy camera but for now I'm very happy with my phone.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes use my phone too because phone cameras are so good nowadays!

      Delete
  2. Wow it's amazing you've kept them all! I wish I'd kept mine as it would be soo good to look back at them xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I kept mine to be honest. I guess because they all still work (although I'm not sure about the Polaroid one), so I never felt like I needed to get rid of them. I'm glad I didn't xx

      Delete
  3. I have never used a camera for blogging I always use my phone. I’m not that good at taking pictures. Your pictures always look fab xx

    louiselovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes use my phone too! you are good at taking pictures, I love your photos. thank you so much xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts