LUSH Skin Drink Moisturiser


Moisturisers have been a huge part of my skincare routine for years now. I have very dry skin and have tried a few different moisturisers in the past from different brands; some of which I liked, but none of them I've repurchased. I purchased the Skin Drink Moisturiser from LUSH back in September and I briefly spoke about it in my first LUSH haul. I knew I wanted to write a review on this, so back in September I took some of these photos and have been waiting to use them since. 


"Quench thirsty skin with this cream packed with nourishing oils and butters, avocados, aloe vera and a light rose and orange neroli fragrance. Forming a light barrier against the elements, this is ideal for all weathers and is especially good for soothing the skin and helping it feel more supple."

The moisturiser comes in the typical pot that most of LUSH's products do. I like their pots because they're simple and recyclable. This is £15.95 for 45g, although when I got it, it was around £1 less. I do wish there was more choices in the pot sizes, but they only seem to sell the moisturiser in 45g pots. I've had this for 6 months and I have a small amount left, which I did think it would've lasted me a bit longer, especially considering you don't need a huge amount of product. 


I used this moisturiser every day up until a month ago as I've been alternating it with an oil. Before I get into the formula of the product, I'll start with the scent. At first I found the scent a little strange. Its not awful and I don't know how to describe it, but its something you'll probably get used to after applying it a couple of times. I personally got used to it after the second use. Once its on your face, the scent fades and you don't notice it.


I love the consistency of this moisturiser; its creamy, fairly thick and doesn't turn my face oily unless I over apply it. Like I mentioned earlier, a little goes a long way. You don't need to apply a ton and I learnt that after the first time I used it because I accidentally applied too much and my face turned very shiny and it took ages to sink in. This isn't the case if you apply a small amount. I apply this before I go to bed at night because it gives it time to sink in. For some reason, I never seem to apply this before applying makeup.


I love how this makes my skin feeling hydrated, soft and it really helps with dry skin and makes my skin feeling a lot better. It contains avocado and aloe vera, which are known for being really good for your skin. I'm really impressed with how this keeps my skin feeling a lot better throughout autumn and winter, which is when my skin is at its worst. 


I am very impressed with this moisturiser and its my favourite I've tried so far. Have you tried this moisturiser?

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. I haven't done a LUSH haul in ages, but by the sound of this, I very much think I'll be picking it up!

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its a great moisturiser, I really recommend it!

      Delete
  2. This sounds lovely!

    xo, Elisabeth
    http://elisabethhayes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin could SO do with this right now, it's so crazy dry! xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this works so well and helps with dry skin!xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to use lush products but my skin doesn't agree with them for some reason ugh! xx

    louiselovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always put off buying any LUSH moisturisers because they're so expensive, but I'm glad to hear that they last a long time!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never actually realised just how expensive they were until I bought this one. my old moisturiser (from Clinique) was £30, so this is much better, haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts