Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

After re-uploading this post a couple of times on my blog and it not going to my Bloglovin, I decided to try and upload it again. 

Anyway, I finallyyyy got to the try Too Faced's popular Better Than Sex Mascara and I've wanted to try this for soo long. A deluxe size if this mascara came with the Too Faced Grande Hotel cafe and I was very excited to try it. I'd heard so many good things about this mascara and had high hopes for it. I'm someone who has tried a huge amount of mascaras over the years and have recently found one that I love, which is the Barry M Feature Length Mascara and now this! 


"Take home our Better Than Sex mascara and all your desires for lush, incredibly intense lashes will be fulfilled. One application of our collagen-fueled formula and touch of our specially shaped brush will leave you begging for more. One coat and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and they're reached unbelievable heights of drama. Three coats and you'll believe in magic."


The mascara tube is a metallic pink, which I love. As well as the Barry M Feature Length mascara, I think the Better Than Sex mascara pink tube is my favourite mascara packaging. I like mascara packaging and always like when they're different to others that I've owned...is that weird? 


The wand for the deluxe size is short, but the brush shape is a long, wavy brush thats wider at the ends and thinner in the middle. There are long and short bristles and it separates my lashes well and coats them nicely. I do find it difficult to apply this mascara due to it being a deluxe size and the wand being short, but the brush being long. The brush does pick up a lot of the product and I have to wipe mascara off at the top of the tube otherwise my lashes end up a mess. Other than that, the application is good and coats well. 


The first thing I noticed was how long it made my lashes. The mascara is a little clumpy, but I really don't mind that. It does make my lashes thicker and I love that my lashes don't stick together, smudge or transfer either. Like it said in the description at the beginning, it is buildable. I like to usually use two coats and I'm good to go. 


After a while, my lashes do drop, however my lashes drop after every single mascara I've tried and I do think it's just my lashes. My lashes can't seem to hold any mascara for long. I do want to heat my curlers with a hairdryer to see if that makes a difference. Another good thing about this mascara though, is that I've found it to remove easily and quickly. 


Overall, I love this mascara and would definitely repurchase at some point. I do still have my Barry M mascara and a lot left of it, so whether I'll repurchase right away, I don't know.




Do you own this mascara? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Pinterest | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. This is my favourite mascara! I love the drama it gives my lashes :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! its a great mascara:)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried this mascara yet but the description and packaging pretty much has me sold! X

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still yet to try this, my best friend has it though and she never stops raving about it! Great post!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it, its a great mascara. thank you xx

      Delete
  4. I've heard incredible things about this mascara. I definitely need to take the plunge and try it out. I have a feeling it's going to wind up in my holy grail list. Lovely post Em. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its an amazing mascara, I really recommend it. thank you x

      Delete
  5. Lovely post!

    Admittedly, I'm not incredibly into make-up. However, I noticed your really good photography skills. I'm new to your blog, so I'm not sure if you've done this, but could you possibly do a post on photography tips for blogs? I would really enjoy that!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Steph! I haven't done that post, but I'll definitely write one:)

      Delete
  6. I'm obsessed with the packaging and it made my lashes super long butttt it smudged on me! I had dark circles! Wondering if it's because my skin is a mess after all the acne meds and causing me to be super oily. Or maybe I need to try the waterproof version. The packaging is stunning tho!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loveeee the packaging! ah really? I haven't found it to smudge, but I don't have oily skin. I'd like to try the waterproof one too!

      Delete
  7. I've never tried this mascara, but I've always been tempted too ...

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the way my lashes looked with this but it smudges on me :( I get that with a lot of mascaras though it is me not the product. I have very dry skin but very oily eye lids and so many mascaras smudge for me :( xxx

    www.mammafulzo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts