Throwback USA trip (part 1 - Las Vegas)


9 years ago next week my family and I took a trip to America. I found photos from our holiday and thought I'd do a 2 part throwback posts (the LA one will be up next week). We went to Las Vegas for 3 nights and went there first as we were going to my Dad's friends wedding. 


We took off from London and that was the first time I'd been on a plane (and out of the country) and I don't really remember how I felt about it (now the thought of being stuck on a plane for hours makes me super nervous), but my brothers and I entertained ourselves with the TV. The only bad thing I remember about flying was that my ears popped most of the time. 


We landed in Vegas and I remember it being cold in the airport because of the air conditioning and when the doors opened and you walk outside, the heat just hits you and I wasn't expecting that. We got on a shuttle bus to go and collect our hire car, got our hire car and then drove to the hotel, which was Excalibur.


Within the next couple of days we visited different places. We walked down the Las Vegas strip and visited other hotels like Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Treasure Island, MGM and New York New York etc. I liked visiting all the other hotels, they're all really nice. We went up the Eiffel Tower and Stratosphere, both of which had amazing views. On the top of the Stratosphere there's a few rides which my Dad actually went on one. 


On our last day in Vegas we went to Hoover Dam in the morning which was cool to see. Then later that day we went to my Dad's friends wedding and then headed to Downtown Vegas for food. 


After our few days at Vegas, we headed to LA! The LA post will be up next Friday. 


Have you been to Vegas? Would you like to go to Vegas?


Comments

  1. Love this post, gorgeous pictures! I think your blog is lovely, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! It sounds like a lovely trip :) of love to go to Vegas it looks like so much fun!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I live in LA now so I cant wait to see your next post!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Looks so awesome and like so much fun!! I still can't believe that I've never been!


    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks incredible! I would love to go here one day :) xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I neeeeed to go to Vegas! I always said I would go for my 21st Birthday but now I'm nearly 22 and still haven't been! It looks incredible! x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this post made me slightly envious haha, the photography is stunning ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! it was my parents photography:P<3

      Delete
  8. Vegas is incredible and forever-inspiring! Love this throwback, girlie! Have you seen my post on Las Vegas here: http://www.mielandmint.com/2016/01/las-vegas-travel-guide-adventure-of.html
    Great minds think alike :)
    xox Nadia
    http://www.mielandmint.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree! thank you:) i actually have read your post:)x

      Delete
  9. Vegas is such a strange, busy, interesting place to visit. I bet a lot has changed in 9 years! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to vegas almost every Months but I never get enough of it, love this city! xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! I would love to go to Las Vegas x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Vegas looks amazing! My brother has been there, and it seems like an incredibly special place.


    xx Anne / Annesmiles

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts