Chat #9 | Dunkirk, my concealer problem & more

Hey everyone. I wanted to do a chat post today as I feel like I haven't done one in a while. At one point I was doing chat posts quite often, but now I don't have as much to speak about so I do them every few months!


First of all I wanted to say thank you for 700 Bloglovin' followers! Thank you so much to everyone who follows me, reads my blogposts and comments on my posts. I'm very grateful:)


I've recently got back into Photography. Well, I say 'got back into', I never was out of love with photography, I just didn't spend as much time doing it as before. A few times recently I've been out to take photos and have loved it. I used to have a photography Instagram account and then abandoned it, so last year I created a new one. I recently started uploading again on my new one and I'm loving editing photos I've taken, it's one of my favourite things to do. If anyone is interested in it and would like to follow me, you can follow me at e_barker24! I'm going to be posting more photos on it, but I just love it.


I also wanted to speak about my concealer problem to see if anyone has had the same issue as me. I have the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand, I've had it for a couple of months and have loved it, I love the formula, the way it blends and how it looks. I've raved about it so many times and recommended it loads, but recently I've been having some problems with it. 



When I apply it underneath my eyes and blended it in, it goes extremely patchy and streaky and I'm unsure why it's happening. This never happened when I first got it and in the first month I had it. It started happening within the last month, a lot, over two different foundations. It's really annoying because I really loved this concealer. At first I was wondering if it was my skin, but if anything my skin has gotten so much better than when I first got this concealer. I apply it gently because I don't want to take the foundation off, but it just wont stop doing it. 



I am going to get a new concealer, when I've found a good cruelty-free one, so if anyone has any recommendations, that'd be amazing. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Or if it's just me. 


(I took this photo from my Mum's Instagram).



So for a few weeks in the airfield behind my house, there has been tons of war planes taking off, landing, staying there and even some remote control ones (they've all gone now, unfortunately). They were incredibly noisy and there was SO many of them. It turns out they were for the film Dunkirk, which was being filmed around Weymouth and other places along the South Coast.



Harry Styles is in the film Dunkirk (I love Harry), so you can probably imagine my excitement when I found out what these planes were for and that Harry could be anywhere near me. The director and some actors were in the airfield behind my house and I could see a bunch of movie trailers, but no Harry. It turns out Harry was in a pub 5 minutes away from my house and along the beach. HARRY FREAKING STYLES WAS 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM MY HOUSE AND I HAD NO IDEA. I didn't find out until a few days later and by this point, they had all gone and were back in LA. All I wanted to do was to see Harry:(((! So that was my short, little story of how I didn't get to see Harry. Lol.


I hope you all had a great weekend x

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Snapchat: embarker97




Comments

  1. Can't believe Harry Styles was so close to your house, how exciting - love chatty posts!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, so exciting but so sad because i didn't see him:(

      Delete
  2. Your photos always look great! That is so exciting to have Harry filming so close to you. I heard Justin Bieber was on campus at UCLA when I was there and totally freaked out!

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much:) and omg i love Justin, haha i'd be running around the campus searching for him hahaha!

      Delete
  3. I love your photos!! Have you changed your beauty routine at all? Using a different eye cream? Even the weather can change everything. It's so annoying. lol.

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you:) and no i haven't, thats whats so weird:/ i've kept everything the same! and its likely the weather because we've been having a very hot summer in the uk!

      Delete
  4. Love your photos, girl! Can't believe Harry was just a few minutes away from your house!!!

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the followers and your photos are completely lovely!
    L x
    thequietresolution.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts