19 things I learnt in 19 years

Today in my 19th birthday, which is kinda crazy. I don't feel (nor look) 19 at all. I actually wanted to do a '18 things I learnt in 18 years' post last year, but never did, so this year I planned on doing a '19 things I learnt in 19 years'.


  1. Family are everything. I'm lucky to have the best family in the world, who are supportive and wonderful and I love them very much.
  2. Some friendships aren't meant to last forever. As much as this may suck, it's true. I've learnt this a couple of times.
  3. Do what makes you happy. Screw what anyone else thinks. If something makes you happy, carry on.
  4. Stop caring about what others think of you. This is one of my favourites that I've learnt.
  5. Everything happens for a reason. I'm a big believer (I nearly typed Belieber then, lmao) that everything happens for a reason.
  6. You don't have to do what everyone else is doing. I've ALWAYS done different things to what my friends are doing. I never did anything that they were doing, ever.
  7. Not everything in your life is going to go as you planned. By now, I thought I'd be driving, I thought I'd have my dream job and be completely happy in life. Health problems got in the way and life hasn't gone as I had planned. 
  8. Music is the best thing. It really is.
  9. Get rid of negative people. I did this when I left school.
  10. When something doesn't go right, it's not the end of the world.
  11. A cup of tea and a hug makes everything better.
  12. Don't try and push yourself when you're unwell. Even though I think I can walk up a steep hill or walk a certain distance, I really can't and I shouldn't push myself.
  13. Have things to look forward to. 
  14. Spend as much time as you can with your family. 
  15. I hate having short hair. No matter how many times in my life I've cut my hair short and think I'll really like it, I really don't. It always looks nice on everyone else, except me.
  16. Heartbreaks aren't going to last forever.
  17. Makeup is so much fun and I don't need it to make myself confident.
  18. Pets are always apart of the family.
  19. Saving money is difficult, but it's always a good idea.

What are some things that you've learnt? 

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Snapchat: embarker


Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this! Maybe I'll do a '21 things I've learned in 21' years this coming April! (So weird to even think that I'll be 21, I still feel like I'm 14 haha).

    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you:) i still feel so much younger too haha!

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous btw! And I love these sorts of posts x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much:) so do i x

      Delete
  3. Your so wise and have learned so much in 19 years! Loved reading this <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and I absolutely love this post!!! Soooo true! As I get older, my group of friends keeps getting smaller and smaller. But the group I have now is amazing. Every year just gets better and better!

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts