Chat #8 | Life Lately

Hello lovelies. I haven't done a chat post in what feels like ageeeees, but I think it's only been a few months and since then I've changed a few things in my life.


The first thing I'll talk about is I went gluten free a few months ago. I went gluten free because I have an intolerance to gluten. Whenever I would eat gluten I would suffer badly, so I've gone gluten free and I'm so glad about it.



I'm still finding new things to try out, but there's gluten is SO many things than I had realised. I hate gluten free bread from the shops, but I eat homemade gluten free bread (I LOVE homemade gluten free banana bread the most). I've replaced so many foods like crackers, pasta, baguettes, pizza bases etc. There's a lot of gluten free foods available and Tesco have a huge range!


Another food change that I made is that I went vegetarian a few months ago and it was one of the best decisions that I made. This was a lot easier than going gluten free as there's a lot of foods out there that I've came across that are suitable for vegetarians. 



Up until I decided to go vegetarian, I never knew fake meat was a thing. My Mum told me about it, so I tried fake bacon and I loveee that, but I tried fake chicken and wasn't too keen on that. I never ate a lot of meat anyways, so it's not a massive change, unlike the gluten one. I'm so happy that I've cut meat out completely and I'd never go back.


(I made these eyeshadows, they're cruelty free).



Around  a month ago I decided to go cruelty free. At the moment I'm gradually going cruelty free, due to my lack of money right now. I've decided that I'm going to replace my non cruelty free products in little bits, I do only have 5 more products left to replace. I have featured non cruelty free products in my posts/photos, but they were prewritten or just for photos, however I haven't bought any non cruelty free products for a few months.



I'm planning on writing loads of cruelty free blogposts in the near future and I'm excited for that. I came across a PETA list of loads of cruelty free brands and it's super long, but helped me so much. Not all cruelty free brands that I know of aren't on there, however I've found out cruelty free brands on there that I didn't know were cruelty free, so I'm super happy about that!



Also I have some questions if anyone knows and would be able to help me. Are Makeup Revolution, Bourjois, Collection, Sleek and Natural Collection cruelty free? Those are ones I'm struggling to find out on and any help would be really appreciated:)



Are you gluten free, vegetarian or cruelty free too?

Instagram | YouTube | Twitter | Tumblr | Snapchat: embarker97

Comments

  1. I've tried purchasing cruelty-free products but I sometimes find the quality isn't that great. I think I just need to find more brands and so I'm glad I've found your blog to maybe help with that! I also think it's amazing that you're a vegetarian now! I've done it in the past but had to stop due to some health issues but I'll hopefully go back to that lifestyle sometime soon. Great post :)

    Jessirebeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it depends on the brand i think! theres so many cruelty free brands, but from the ones i can buy in shops near to me, more are high end than drugstore:/ thank you:)

      Delete
  2. I love the lip lingerie and the lip cream but I haven't tried the nyx suede x

    http://beauty-voguex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the suede lipstick is amazing and is definitely worth a try:)x

      Delete
  3. Some really big changes you have been making! Well done! :) x

    http://paulamarieee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing!!! Well done! I've been a vegetarian for years! I've been thinking about gluten free but wonder how hard it'll be...

    Mel | www.thegossipdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Mel! i wish i'd gone vegetarian sooner:) i've found that gluten free hasn't been too hard as theres a lot of alternatives, but theres a lot i've had to cut out, but theres gluten in a lot more things than i realised!

      Delete
  5. I know Makeup Revolution and Sleek are cruelty free. I have decided to go cruelty free as well, I'll still be using the makeup I already own, but I won't be buying anything else from companies that test on animals anymore. I wish I just could buy everything again but well, it's impossible for my wallet, haha.

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you so much, i have a few makeup revolution products and am going to have to look at sleek:) me too, some of mine i'm going to replace with cruelty free when they run out (if they're expensive), but drugstore i'm planning on replacing at a time. mine too haha!:)

      Delete
  6. I don't know whether those brands are cruelty free sorry, its so cool you made those eyeshadows! xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts