Halloween Themed Cupcakes


I've been so excited to make these Halloween Themed Cupcakes. I say 'themed' because they don't look too Halloweeny, apart from the orange icing. So I'm going to stick to calling them 'themed' cupcakes. I also filmed this for my YouTube channel here if you want to watch it. 
The lighting when I took these photos was awful, so these pictures aren't the greatest! When I started making these the other day it was sunny and there was good lighting, but by the time I had finished it was dark and dull (oh they joys of living in England).


(makes 16) you will need:
  • 4oz (115g) butter
  • 8oz (225g) sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 6oz (170g) flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 4fl oz (125ml) milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • icing sugar and butter (to make butter icing)
  • orange food colouring


Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 190 centigrade / 375 fahrenheit / Gas mark 5.

2. With an electric mixer, whisk the butter and sugar until it's light and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time and beat well after each addition.

3. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir it into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Stir in the vanilla essence. I also added some hot chocolate powder and dark chocolate.

4. Fill up the cup half-full and bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes.


After my cakes cooled down I made butter icing and added orange food colouring to it. I then added some purple sprinkles and tried to make them Halloween themed. 


Comments

  1. These look delicious! Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Where are the sprinkles from if you don't mind me asking? x

    Megan | http://www.meganjean.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you and they're from ASDA:-)x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts