How to make - USA style pancakes
I got this recipe from one of Jamie Oliver's old cookbooks that was in my house. Its a super easy recipe and doesn't take long at all. According to the cookbook this serves 2-4 people.
You will need:
- 3 large eggs.
- 115g/4oz plain flour.
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder.
- 140ml milk.
- A pinch of salt.
1. First separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolk into another.
2. Add the flour, baking powder and milk into the yolks and mix to a smooth thick batter.
3. Whisk the whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks.
4. Fold into the batter - then it'll be ready to use.
5. Heat a good non-stick pan on a medium heat. Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm.
6. Continue frying until both sides are golden.